Thursday, February 29, 2024

Dormant Is Leaving, Hope On The Horizon

 Yesterday, late afternoon the sky to the north/northeast of us sure looked like snow skies. The steely gray overshadowed us either of the promise of snow or the famous dry ridge split with the promise of snow falling to the north of us. No matter, the sky was beautiful and when I tried to take a picture of it, the camera could not pick up the nuances and blending of colors. So, I just opted for the picture of our neighbor's horses. A couple of weeks ago I tried to take a picture of the steeple at the church just a piece down the road but it didn't turn out well. Yesterday, was the better day for picture taking. With the rise of our road from our point of view, all we can see is the steeple. Not the church building or the cemetery. Guess the lesson is look to what points you to God. Of course, I am going to leave all that kind of writing, right there. 

The dermatologist call came earlier than expected yesterday in the late afternoon. The biopsy did show the spot on my arm was pre-cancerous but the biopsy removed it. So, didn't have to go back for a deeper or more extensive biopsy. All for that! What's funny is this spot showed up a couple of years ago and it had been removed by the lovely freezing method. So, not a blip on the radar for me yet I was concerned for another mole on my right arm. Nothing, all looked there... When we left the doctor office I told Roy that I felt the peace of God on this situation and it would not be anything. Just have to change out bandages and keep Aquafer on it for a week or so.  Can do! 

When I was younger I wouldn't have believed that I would be content being around home and not taking a lot of trips. The fact is, I have never been a good traveler and I now I can say, Hello my name is Nancy. It has been five years since doing any extensive traveling. It could be longer but hey, it is just a little after 9:00 am and had no plans of doing math this morning. Tuesday, the doctor making small talk as she was making the rounds so to speak of connect the dot with my moles and freckles asked if we had any travel plans for the summer. With a resounding, no, I think she was a bit shocked. Told her we have day trips planned but nothing extensive. Someday, I would like to go to the outer banks but you know talking of beaches probably isn't the smartest thing to do at the dermatologist. Besides, I would like to go in the fall time of year. We would probably do a vacation rental more than a hotel. 

********

I've been thinking about the Sunday School teachers that influenced my life for the good as a child and into high school. Oh, I also had some teachers that influenced me for the bad but it wasn't so much about what they taught, more like their attitude toward the lesson and the class. Even thinking of teachers as an adult there are those who use gimmicks and such to fill their teaching time. Thankfully, there were just a few if only one of those. But as a kiddo Mrs. Gandy, Mary Jo Carleton, Margaret Simmons and Ryn Bower made huge inroads to how I teach today. All those teachers were serious students of the Bible but they had fun teaching God's Word and with that fun it made us all sit up and listen cause you never knew when something funny might just be afoot. Especially Mary Jo. She was one of my mom's best friends and Mary Jo could and would make everything a whole lot of fun. She gave great hints on how gum and Vicks Vapo Rub could be the very things of practical and wonderful antics both at home and to cars. Of course this is back in the day before security cameras picked up your every move. 

I think our new neighbors across the road are musicians, like rock and roll or whatever you call it now. They are good and the music while not in my wheelhouse of favorites makes me think I can request In a gadda da vida, , by Iron Butterfly. That would help me plant flowers quicker in the spring. 

We had our fourth Sunday Fellowship Lunch yesterday. Always a lot of fun to get to visit with friends. Our pastor has that nasty stomach virus that is going around. So we had a fill in Sunday morning. 

*****

Here we are on a Thursday morning. A beautiful sunshiny morning. People began moving into the two story house across the road yesterday. I can't help but wonder if they realized just how close they are to the road. After a rainy afternoon, the traffic was especially plenteous and noisy last night. I am thinking of bringing this post to a close and beginning a new post later today. I need to work on the lesson for Sunday, although we didn't get finished with last week's lesson, so we will start up again where we left off. 

Just a thought, but I wonder if the boring group suggested to me by FB, which I think is something else entirely, is based on them thinking I have a boring life. No, life is exciting and wonderous especially once again having the privilege of watching dormant trees and plants begin that hopeful journey into spring. 

No comments: