Friday, March 8, 2024

Sweet Dreams of Baylor and Basketball

 We finally got around to changing out the batteries in the smoke alarms. Yes, that exciting adventure of dodging loud beeps. The hardest battery change out is downstairs and we conquered that one right off the bat. We thought those loud beeps would scare Mr Mo and GMoey but they diligently hung around with us because all hallways lead to the bonus room where treats may or may not be given out. This trip was a bust for the cats since being all wrapped up in the changing of the guard so to speak. 

We are having more foggy mornings at this time of year. I am reminding the month of August when foggy mornings are counted as days of snowfall, August has lied to us the past few years. It was 71 Sunday afternoon and I took the warm temp opportunity to go out to the raised beds where the tulips are planted. Those stems are up from the dirt, they arose. Now waiting for blooms. Daffodils are still blooming and that is so welcomed because that is what is mainly in the back. 

The Garage at the Catmore Estate closed Saturday afternoon, although Fido gets special privileges to spend the night. We got the garage swept out, at least good enough for the first pass and now are going through the blankets and such, shaking them out before we wash them. 

We got halfway through the lesson on Sunday morning. We finished up with Lot and got tight into the birth of Isaac. Sometimes it is difficult for me to like Sarah. Tends toward bitter but at some point her faith is redeemed and recognized cause she makes it into the hall of faith in Hebrews. I feel more for Hagar cause she has been thrown into the drama and the time she tried to assert her newfound rank, well...Sarai didn't like that at all. I did remind everyone was Sarah was menopausal and the high temps and hot flashes made her a little cranky. Heck, it made me cranky with Houston heat and hot flashes. 

I had a Baylor dream last night. I used to have those dreams about four times a year and the theme of most of those dreams are as an adult going to Baylor. Last night's dream I was college age and navigating classes and such. My most rememberable Baylor dream is, Roy sends me to college at Baylor and he got a good deal on my room and board. Why? Because my room opened up as overflow in the cafeteria. Kind of like pocket doors.  

*******

The next night after the Baylor dream, I had a basketball dream where in Kim Mulkey kept asking me, "why didn't you play basketball?" Even in my dream I told the real story. I learned the game while in junior high and at that time, three players were in circles and could only shoot from those circles and guards stay on their own side of center court. Only the center, usually me, could travel the length of the court but get this, could only dribble three times and had to make some wild pass. I got so confused over the pivot foot and when and where I could dribble. In high school, the rules were changed, teams only had five players, no silly three dribble rule, but it was the pivot foot that got me, still. I was horrible at basketball, took fouls personally but I could block. Back to the dream, I mean nightmare of every few steps having Coach ask me why didn't I play basketball? In one segment of the dream when she asked why didn't I play for her, I reminded her I was eight or nine years older than her. Just as there is no crying in baseball, I have a feeling playing for coach would mean there is no crying in basketball. Believe me, I would be crying a lot. 

I am happy to report no notable dreams last night. I was tired. We ventured to Costco yesterday. Got the early start, really wasted no time there and got home after 2:00. Raised bed soil was on sale as well as other needed stuff. We bought several boxes of compactor bags that we use as garbage bags. Love the thickness and they hold more garbage. Bet you could have gone all day without reading that bit of newsy news. We had our $1.50 hot dog lunch with a strawberry sundae for dessert. Unloaded our ever so full cart, buggy and then went back into Costco for the dirt. Then, we headed home. We might give up the Costco membership because I 26 is just going to get worse with all the expanding and new construction. Next time we might opt to go to Greenville and that Costco and see if that works. We haven't been to Costco since September or October of last year. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A Costco is being built in Tomball. About a mile or less (?)from my apartment. Will be handy for purchasing gas, but thr traffic is something I am looking forward to! They have been widening the streets for months.