Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Cranky....Yes, That Is Me This Evening

It was a no schedule day and it was a good day. There are a lot of those kinds of days here, lot less structure. Whereas I used to like having moments filled, now the quest for no schedule days is most desirable. The morning held sleeping in, eating a late breakfast, and reading. When Mike the Mower Man showed up, it was a quick transition to starting the day. I finally made it to the grocery store and loaded up on sale items. A couple of weeks ago I made Ninfa's Green Sauce and it was really good. So with avocados 5 for $5.00, it seemed the right thing to do...you know, plan to make more green sauce. I forgot the green tomatoes but there might be some frozen, but if not those are easily picked up tomorrow.

Tonight, all the Feral Fam were together again and it looks like Mama Cat and MJ could rumble at any moment. The best thing to do so that Cali can eat is to stand nearby. Cali is the only one brave enough many times to go ahead and eat while standing there. This morning she came around the corner to greet me with meows while coming out of the garage with food. She isn't consistent in letting me be near but it does increase. Tonight while working in the backyard Cali sat on the front stone steps resting but moved when dead heading roses had to be done in the front. It is a little nerve wracking when wasps, who will attack just cause you're breathing, and bees flit about but the dead heading means soon enough more bright pink blooms will make for plenteous pollination.

For supper it was boiled shrimp and then I sliced some peaches for dessert. Yum! Since it is warmer iced tea is the drink of choice, yes even over Diet Coke...which I have cut way back but still have one once a day. More so in the car and then I don't drink it all.
*****************
Once again it was a unsettled night with Buddy and to make matters worse my brain kept going on and on, thinking about all kinds of stuff. Not fear or dread but plans. It also doesn't help when I know I have to be up early, it takes longer to fall asleep. Another factor was waiting too late to wash my hair and shower...it wakes me up. So this morning it wasn't a cheerful greeting to the day, in fact I was downright cranky, especially with Buddy. No one wants a cat on their head. I got up and got ready to go to the dentist office. Nathan and Andrew were here really early trying to stay out of the warmer temps of the afternoon. The flowerbed looks wonderful and they planted a bunch of seeds as well.

I was out of the dentist office by 10:00. All in all it was a good checkup and only have to have some minor work done but it is scheduled along with the major work in October. A stop at Barnes and Noble and Home Goods, then to the grocery store closer to home. It has been a hot day so the top stayed up on Mustang Sam.

Cali hadn't been around much today but after watering the plants in the front yard I headed down the road to the mail box. Cali was lying there, not dead, but resting on our road. She began to act a little spooked as I walked nearby and as my neighbors dog barked at her. She turned and ran across the street to the cow pasture and I could hear a car nearing. You better believe some prayer was lifted for that little cat cause she ran across the road without looking. When I got back up to the driveway to finish watering the new flowerbed, she had made her way to the backyard and was eating with her sister. Buddy has been a shadow all day around the house. I have sat on her, tripped but not fallen and stepped on her tail a minute ago. I am so cranky I raised my voice to her....something I rarely do. She ran upstairs but we are on good terms cause she let me pet her on the way to last treat of the evening.

It is finally getting dark so I am seriously considering an early bedtime. Hope that is okay with Buddy.

No comments: