Monday, December 24, 2018

Having Ourselves A Little Christmas

Living the exciting life this evening. Roy is in the midst of watching a video for his CPE requirements to have enough continuing education hours for this year. The guy on the video...his voice is oddly annoying. I have a cat trying to disrupt any type of blogging this evening but we seem to have met a compromise where she can relax and I can type.

After many rehearsals and much prayer, this non music reading but music loving person rang a handbell in the handbell choir this morning, at church. It was exciting. My fan, Roy, videoed and took pics of this momentous occasion. First time through I hit a few wrong notes but finally by the last time through before the service, it went well with my soul and bell. Roy has been a great encourager through this entire journey. When Pastor Gene asked me to participate, I kind of laughed and told him I don't read music...he said, I think you can do this. Come and try. I wasn't going to but had told Roy and he bolstered my confidence to at least try. This whole thing is totally out of my comfort zone but there is a part of me that is still adventurous, maybe not by some people's standards, to challenge myself. Somewhere in the midst of a challenge, it became a lot of fun. This morning we played, O Come O Come Emmanuel. Tomorrow at the Christmas Eve service we will play Away In the Manger. Most of my notes are on words, so that is always helpful.

Yesterday, after getting home from Charlotte and making a quick check on Buddy and then Riley, we headed out to eat lunch and run a couple of errands. We have finally narrowed our Christmas Day luncheon choice and made a decision on Christmas Eve day fare which will probably be some of Roy's famous tacos...or my famous taco soup. Either way...it will be flavorful. Our afternoon was spent in the hunt of nearby snow. Just a few miles up the road people had 3-6 inches of snow. Happily, we made a drive over to Marshall and did a little shopping at Penland's. Got on the road toward Mars Hill and over around I 26...Bingo, we found snow and trees with rime ice. Oh my, the sights were just so beautiful. Roy got a new camera and two lenses for Christmas. He has been researching cameras for over a year. He is a Cannon man.
******************
A rare morning when we all sleep in. No appointments, nothing on the schedule until our Christmas Eve service. Roy made breakfast complete with biscuits...eggs and bacon. All was delicious! The rest of Roy's camera stuff came today. It is always iffy around here on deliveries cause many times they report delivered and of course it isn't or it has gone to the wrong address. The day was wonderfully sunny but deceptively cold. In the midst of everything Camo and crew were back. They are gone for days and then stick around for days....  The other night Roy and I came in after dark and found Mama Cat and a possum facing off over the last dregs in the bowls. Mama Cat's scowl won.

Roy likes his new blanky for his man cave. Hmm...blanky doesn't seem to fit but every year we find these great Eddie Bauer blankets. Roy is trying to fight for ownership because Buddy thinks that this blanket is hers.

We have some cookies from Hannah and I am feeling the need to go downstairs and have a sugar cookie or two.


No comments: