Friday, August 9, 2019

Celebrations, Cake, Buddy and Ecclesiastes

The rain cooled air has dropped the temps with breeze and we didn't even get any rain to enjoy the evening cool degrees. Buddy has been on the back porch all afternoon with intermittent naps between keeping an eye on Mr McBeavy. After a fun birthday yesterday it was an ease into the morning kind of day. Buddy took advantage of the available lap and I began reading up on Ecclesiastes.

Needing to run a couple of errands, one being grocery shopping for staples...not like for a stapler which is probably what most would think I needed. Anyway, picking up mail, prescription and a brief stop at Publix were quick enough and got home to put things up and check on Buddy. She was upstairs but when she heard the familiar sound of a porch door, she made her way slowly. In fact she spent the greater part of the afternoon asleep on the daybed.

Sunday held lots of fun and deliciousness. After church Brenda, Lois and I went out for lunch. The fried shrimp was our unanimous choice. We left way too full but I had two errands that had to be done, so I waddled to the car and began the drudgery but I also knew that upon completion of these errands, there would be strawberry cake. I made a quick check on Buddy before going over to Brenda's to celebrate with strawberry cake. Brenda knew how tired I was and sent me home to take a nap...which I did.
*****************
It's Thursday. My attention has been elsewhere. Buddy wasn't her normal cat self Sunday night...and normal isn't really a definition cause Buddy changes normal several times a day. It was an up and down night and I finally settled in a chair downstairs, which seemed to help Buddy. Monday, Buddy was still struggling so I kept close by. Monday night, I was concerned that she would not make it through the night. Her breathing shallow and labored, neurological facial tics, and she was so warm. It was a night of crying and praying. Buddy was wobbly and struggled a bit on Tuesday but seemed to have some improvement. On Wednesday, I felt I could leave for a couple of hours to get my glasses adjusted and to run to Walmart...for a few things. Got home to a sound asleep Buddy who was more than happy to move her nap out to the back porch. She stayed there all afternoon and into the early evening. Last night was a tough night but not a rough night. She has started coming back upstairs after a little bit of not coming up this way. She had a few moments of thinking she was lost and she had a few moments of fighting things that are not there. She and I have been having some good talks this week, about life together these past fifteen years. This morning after lying on my lap for a bit, she has taken her sleepy self out to the front porch where personally, I think it is too hot. There have been several times in the past two years that seemed like Buddy's time on earth was up. Monday night is the closest to that fact. I'm keeping watch and hope she pulls through like she has done in the past. It is now Friday morning and Buddy had the best night last night that she has had in a long time...which means I got sleep from 11:00 to 3:30. She came upstairs mournfully crying and sat at the end of the bed...with the low tone whimper. I got up and sat her on the bed and once I settled in, she got right beside me and stayed there until 5:30 and I got up at 7:30. This morning she has been perkier and as always she is eating well and staying hydrated. She takes after me with the eating well...hydration, she gets from Roy.

I was talking to our neighbor Nancy yesterday afternoon. They have had lots of animal drama happening up on their farm. From the death of their goat and having to put their puppy down because of a large tumor on the spine. Their horse Zoe had a near death experience while they were away all day at a horse show in SC and they had to decide whether to have the surgery at UT Knoxville or put the horse down. Zoe had the surgery and is still in Knoxville with a detailed and elaborate wellness plan once she gets home.

This morning, once again I was looking at Ecclesiastes for the lesson on Sunday. Lots of directions to take the lesson but no clear direction on what to include. This morning the Lord brought it together and I feel better about it all. Now to get it written down so I don't forget. So that's what I am going to do now...It has taken almost a week but finally a blog post. 

No comments: