Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Finally, A Blog Post


First of all, something I learned yesterday and not at church but in the kitchen. The room that is merely where I pick up something to drink or assemble something for meals, no real time is every spent there...well except in winter when I tend to cook. Anyway, after zonking out for the afternoon, a big ol' nap, cause Buddy and the heat caught up to me, I began to get the trash ready to go out. I had found some really old blackberries in the freezer and had let them defrost in the sink. The plan was to put them down the garbage disposal but I looked at the container and decided the whole thing could just go into the trash. Well...I put the container in a bag before putting it in the trash bag and went about collecting from the various receptacles around the house. That being done, I pulled the trash bag out and blackberry juice went everywhere...all over the floor, my pants, my bare feet and on the kitchen chairs. Goodness, I carried that bag out so quickly to the garage and came in and attacked the juice before it could stain the hardwood floors which are a light color. Then I realized I was making juice footprints, so put on the old gardening shoes and went about cleaning up the mess. From all the 2020 episodes or Dateline I now see why people get caught when they cause blood splatters in the home or business. That juice was everywhere! I mopped and cleaned up everything and I am keeping an eye out for any missed splatters. So what I learned is, go with the original idea of garbage disposal and then throw away the container.  Better yet use your frozen blackberries in a timely manner.

These past few weeks I have stuck around home mostly keeping an eye on Buddy. Last Saturday I got her into the vet on an emergency visit. They gave me some meds for her and if they worked, they would call a prescription into the compounding pharmacy down the street from them. The combo meds have helped Buddy so much. She has night dementia and really bad arthritis. Looks and acts poorly during the day, comes alive at night with super cat powers. Since she doesn't want to sleep in the bed anymore I don't feel as guilty about shutting the door after she leaves the first time. It has worked out pretty well but there is usually a 3:00-4:00 am window where she cries outside the door. Sometimes I let her back in and sometimes not. No matter the door shuts again or stays shut cause she can't settle at night. The past few days she has seemed a little more lively and that is a happy sign.
****************
Just when I think we might be on the road to recovery Buddy has a bad night. It wasn't the worst night she has had but it did make changes for today. Sticking around home instead of venturing off to where I had planned to venture. So, I will work on the lesson for Sunday and re-mop the kitchen to make sure all the blackberry juice is taken care of.

This past weekend was the studio tour and even though I didn't get to as many sites as in years past, it was a productive day. The past few years I begin at Addison Vineyards where several artists display their craft. My favorite is a self taught blacksmith. I have bought several different things from him over the years and he saw me looking at a gate he made. He asked if I was interested and I always am but big pieces like that are always expensive. In the words of The Godfather, he made me an offer I couldn't refuse. Being in the Mustang meant coming back later in the truck to pick it up but I continued on with the day by going out to Sandy Mush. Love the artisans whose studios are out in that scenic beauty. Found a couple more things and had a wonderful visit with the Biltmore blacksmith. Also an herbalist who is new to the tour had her studio open. Very interesting woman. On then to Twisted Laurel for lunch, came home got the truck, got the gate and this morning I finally unloaded the gate. Only thing I put a huge gash on my shin trying to get it out of the bed of the truck. Okay, maybe not huge, but a nice sized gash. I thought maybe it could be used on the front deck but the gate is too wide for that. It is probably going to be more of a decorative thing. So until it gets a home around here, it will be in the garage awaiting further placement.

Image may contain: table and outdoor

Buddy and I were watching the evening playtime of Strawyer and Mr McBeavy last night. Sometimes it didn't look like play with Strawyer but then he would return to his normal personality of gentle giant of a cat. The more I look at the Mr I am thinking his father was Mr Meany. Facially and body type is making me think that but Strawyer includes him and keeps watch over him when danger seems to be in the air. Mama Cat showed up on Sunday after a three week absence. She looked like she has been in several battles. Saw Camo once last week. It's mainly the little family of three. This morning the black and white cat was back and I think that is Cali's son that our neighbors adopted. They try to keep him in but sometimes he escapes into the great outdoors.

Weather alerts are sounding off on my phone and thunder is resounding so now to close this and go check on the skies.

No comments: