Thursday, September 12, 2019

Encounters of the Wasp Kind, Junior High and September 11th

Truthfully, I haven't felt like writing lately which is unusual for me. There have been a lot of good thoughts and things crossing my mind but when it came to sitting down behind the computer, that simply didn't appeal to me. Circumstances keeping me busy are the most likely culprit but the fire to write is on a slow burn but it is not completely extinguished. It will fire right up again but for now its a low burn and glow.

I had an encounter with a wasp yesterday. It had flown into the car but I thought I had shooed it on its way. Driving to meet Judy W at church, I literally came face to face with that bugger. The wasp had positioned itself on the dashboard, looking straight into my face. I was glancing to the left and right trying to find someplace to pull over and put the top down on Sam to give it every chance of escape...I was surprised not to have been reported on the scanner site on FB of erratic driving cause that wasp started flying right into my face. 🎝The first time ever I saw your face....thank you Roberta Flack...it buzzed about my head, not Roberta but the wasp, circled a couple of times and came to rest in its original position on the dashboard. Dang... I rolled down the window, wasp made another head pass and returned to dashboard. A gust of wind got that wasps attention and out the window he went. Thankfully, no going over an embankment or sliding over the line in the road or running into a tree.

This week has also had a junior high school throw back in that I got a zit...sorry not to offend, anyway the kind I used to get back in the day. Hated them then, hate them more now cause this is not supposed to be happening when someone is in their mid sixties. Well, that is also when I was in junior high, so maybe my body and hormones,what's left of them, got a mixed signal. Anyway, I think the worst is over with this stupid thing and hopefully my skin will resolve itself with the help of my skin care products that have rectified the problem over the past few days. Thank you Rodan and Fields!

I have also now realized if something happened to me that would be reported on the news, I would be described as an elderly woman. What? No way! Ugh! Yes, an elderly woman with acne no just one big jr high zit...how can that make me be old?

Yesterday some of us from our Sunday School class went to see our friend and fellow class member whose son died on Monday. We took sandwiches, chips, drinks and dessert. We sat there and let her talk and then we all talked. Two of the ladies had sons that passed away and were such an encouragement to her, really to all of us.  The service is tomorrow and the days ahead will not be easy yet we know that God is there and He will carry the family and friends. I rode with Judy W and I shared with her before getting into my car, hearing these stories of people and places here...adds such a rich texture to living here, the sad stories, happy stories and just the stories. I love when all the ladies were connecting the dots of people they knew, who had remarried or were the distant relatives of this one or that one. The pastor that is leading the service tomorrow stopped by and as we excused ourselves so they could talk, plan and pray...I visited with him for a few minutes while waiting my turn to hug my friend. He too grew up in these here parts. I love living here!

It was ironic on September 11, 2019 as we visited that September 11, 2001 wasn't too far from my thoughts. We will never forget! It's personal. Many of you know that we would have been in NYC on September 11th, Roy would have been at Windows of the World that morning in one of the towers at a conference. I never had peace about the trip and God gave me several opportunities before this fateful day to know the not having peace with several chance of a lifetime trips, had no peace and didn't go...each of those trips that I didn't go on had something happen that made me know I made the correct decision. How good of God to give me those chances. I've written extensively on this in prior years, so it is easy if anyone wants to read about this just go back on this date especially in the early years of Monablog. Then September 11, 2008 holds the memory of being rushed to a cardiologist office for an echo cardiogram and finding only 10% of my heart was working. The cardiologist office didn't expect me to live through the weekend, the weekend that Ike hit. God has been so good to me on this date as well... they gave me five years to live, ten years if I was lucky but this is year eleven and I am not lucky but fortunately blessed by the Lord.

We here in the dry ridge area received the quick gift of some rain. The trees of the field clapped their hands but the shrubs were indifferent.

Last week we had a group of scam artists come up our little road. I was going to the Google as I watched their van go house to house. When it came time to turn into our driveway, they stopped and didn't turn in, went on down the road. A little later I called Brenda to tell her about it and so we have a phrase I can use that will let her know, all is not well.  Not that I am anticipating anything, but it is good to be prepared. 

The new heated cat house for winter arrived today. I am not going to set it up yet as it is quite warm but I also need to put up some type of covering over it. It is water resistant but I would feel better with something over them and the door, that way my feet stay dry or somewhat dry.

OK, that's all I have for now....




No comments: