Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Kindness, Fall and Ferals

 What a great way to begin a morning...I stepped in cat vomit. Buddy is not like most cats in that she rarely does this so anything she does in that way is usually a complete surprise. She woke me up around 3:30 am just being restless and not settling down. It was about 5:00 am when sleep returned and I drifted off. To be honest there was another reason for not getting right back to sleep, Strawyer. I checked the security cameras and he was still asleep in a chair on the front deck. I kind of began to fret thinking one of the first things I would need to do this morning is bury him, well after cleaning up cat vomit that I had no idea about, yet. So glad I checked once more before falling asleep and Straw had changed positions, so whew, he was alive. Checked on him the first thing before getting up and he had moved on to another spot. He is probably waiting with the rest of the bunch for breakfast. Yes, Strawyer came to breakfast. He sat nearby as the food was prepared. Mama Cat pressed her head against his for the longest time as they have resolved their differences or at least only hiss at each other once a day. Mama Cat has kind of stopped hissing at me so maybe after all these years her heart is softening a bit. 

FB memories are usually a good thing. Fun pics of fun times but yesterday a memory showed up. It's not that I have forgotten about the memory it is just the hold isn't there anymore. It was six years ago that I met my father's friend to get some boxes he sent from her. The only reason I even agreed to receive them is the mention of my grandmother's plates that my mom had promised to me. There were no plates in those boxes, only trash. There were some Christmas mugs that probably hadn't seen the light of day for years that were roach encrusted. Trash...a fabric belt from a dress...trash and tons and tons of paper, newspaper to be exact. There were a few pics, a copy of my birth certificate, my mother's SS card and her baptism certificate, so it was good to get those. He probably didn't realize those things were among the trash. I felt so played and taken in and vowed it would be the last time he would be able to manipulate me and it was. As these years have passed after the estrangement and then his death, I have had to come to grips with the fact that all the bizarre ways he influenced me, by saying he was teaching me but it hasn't been easy. The reality that even though I thought his ideas and his love as a parent was kind of out there, I could take assurance that at least, in his way, he was trying to do the right thing as he believed it to be but that assurance was wrong. It has been dealing with his utmost hatred of me that would make what he said and taught those things were said so that life would be difficult, I would have no where to turn and would ultimately return back for his manipulation as a narcist can only do. But here comes the good part of the story, But God! So many miracles and blessings that while my father meant for evil, God turned for good. And that is what I take from this FB memory. I knew at the time being in NC and looking for a house here would be fraught with opposition from the enemy and it was but God's kindness, always the victor. We are still experiencing God's kindness here today.  

************

The weather people are saying today will be the warmest day of the week as a cold front begins to move into the area this evening. Yahoo for cooler temps! 

We had church outside on the softball field yesterday and next week will be our last outdoors service before moving indoors again. The leaders of our church have done such a good job of taking our congregation through these unprecedented times. Several of us from the Joy class visited before and  afterwards, socially distancing of course, catching up and getting updates on those we have been praying for. When I left for church, I knew a kitten was in the garage and wasn't coming out, so I came home to release the kitten and then ate a quick lunch and headed out to the grocery store. All out of bread and bananas. 

************

This post is going into Tuesday now. Overcast and cool. We have hit the high temp for the day. Mostly will be in the 50s throughout the day. Ah, that is prime time temps for me. Going to go outside, put on my Bogs, feed the cats and do some more work while the ground is damp. We have several days of autumnal weather coming up. 

After reading a few articles in the paper over the weekend I am glad I got ahead of the curve on the next shortage or rather the current shortage, desks. Bought one in March and it was one of the first pandemic projects putting it together. Now, my next project is a coat rack. Truthfully, there are all kinds of projects. Right now the house is in total disarray as I go through everything and reorganize. Of course it is ADD organization regrouping right now as I bounce from one project to the next.  


No comments: