Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Not Much Happening, But That's Okay

 It is a coolish kind of morning. Not brisk but definitely a hint of fall. Forecasts say we will have this kind of weather until Tuesday. Most certainly, it is enjoyable. Had the first cup of coffee on the back porch. Have my favorite ratty tatty sweatshirt on and the coffee, butterscotch toffee. Delicious. 

I pulled weeds yesterday in the flowerbed next to the driveway. Man, some of those roots were nearly two feet long. It is easier to break them up if I let them set a day or so. This morning I will get out there and pick up all the weeds lying on the driveway. Whatever the vine is that curls itself around the limbs and branches of plants is a formidable enemy. I pull them out by the roots and in a weeks time, they have wrapped around the roses or shrubs or trees. The vine holds a strong grip on those plants. If you let the vine take over it kills the plant. It is a constant battle. This morning will be the third round of vine ripping on two rose bushes out front.   

**********

I woke up this morning with a tension headache. Don't have those too often anymore but I think partly it came from sleeping too scrunched up. Thus another sabbatical Sunday. I really don't want to take one this week because the weather is fabulous but I also know staying in my parameters keeps me on the road of good health. After having a bit of afib this week, only one evening incident, I know I don't want to experience that again on a regular basis.  

Back to back emails this morning are at the extremes and it is amusing. Both emails from gardening companies. One says take the fall as a time to set a slower pace and enjoy the autumnal season. The essay is full of those things we like about fall. Words like cozy, pumpkin, boots and flannel. Alec, I'll take cozy, boots and flannel...pumpkin can be for someone else. Like pumpkin but not a must for fall around here unless they are at produce stands or out in the fields ready for harvest. The other gardening email encouraged get ahead of next season, order these things now, prepare for spring. That's a good thing, preparation but when we get too much into prep season, we will miss fall and winter. Each of those seasons hold their own delights. We are starting to see falling leaves, along with falling rocks due to so much rain and the early color turning trees are getting into the ready position to start things off colorfully. 

**********

A heavier blanket for the win. After waking up with a headache yesterday I realized I was spending much of the night pulling the sheet and blanket up close but in the end it was the way I slept. Yesterday, after changing the sheets I added the first of two winter coverings, the heavier blanket but not the down comforter. I would have added the regular year round blanket but it didn't wring out properly so it is air drying before putting it in the dryer. Yes, it has come to this, a paragraph about blankets. 

I spent a quiet day at home with Buddy. Plans to get some thing done went by the wayside except for getting the trash bin down to the road and of course feeding the cats. This morning breakfast was a little later than usual so we had a full house of hungry hungry kitties. Hector Protector pawed at me today to pet him more and I snuck a little petting with Radley. Mama Cat is getting closer but she still hisses. Miss Priss doesn't give me the time of day and Bobsey acts like he might be feeling friendlier toward me. 

Well, that is the happenings for now....

No comments: