Wednesday, May 5, 2021

Wednesday Night Wonders

 An overcast sky with a bit of fog greets us this morning. The chance of rain hangs in the air with the only surprise being, when will it actually begin to rain? With this very type of afternoon setting yesterday, I was able to get the service berry tree planted, along with two driftwood rose bushes. I began a cleaning project in the garage and finally, sound the trumpets, I got the winter blankets laundered and folded and put away until the fall. 

Roy's progress is just that, progress. He is getting things sorted and ready for the movers. We keep having this recurring conversation about the two chests/nightstands in our bedroom. He has said they go, no they stay, no really they should go, and then a version of stay...as he discussed his plans for them in the condo. What? I thought we had this settled, not to take them. Today, our status is not to take them, but that could change by the afternoon. And then I will have to make sure they go back to the stay category. 

This morning most of the Feral Fam were around for breakfast. Boodos is getting braver by coming near me. Of course the allure is food, but I'll take it. Punky was here this morning and she seems friendlier with the fam, well except for when Mama Cat is around. She still doesn't tolerate Junioretta well, but she has stopped "jawing" with Biggio and Baby. It is interesting to watch HP with the group. What her role is developing into. Biggio and Baby love her and she loves them. She really is Hector Protector looking after them. Those cats were sound asleep and HP, was leaning over, licking and cleaning their heads as they slept. 

The rain is here and it has been here for about an hour accompanied by some thunder and lightning. Rain, good, don't like the thunder and lightning. Ugh! Right now it is not too close. With stuff to be done, the rain makes me want to sit and read and nap. Started a good book on Sunday, The Kitchen Front. 

**************

Looks like a great day to work in the yard and flowerbeds. Just got off the phone with Roy. We Zoomed last night going over the bookcases in his study. We both let books go that we have moved about with us for some time. We also found a couple of books that I thought for sure would be in the guest bedroom, so that makes me happy. My friend S said on FB that the thought of doing everything concerning a move is overwhelming. Yes, it is and she also said it is probably easier work with a hubby helping. That's true but if Roy and I have another conversation about the tables by the bed or the ones in the living room, I might just scream. Just when I think he has that settled in his mind, we discuss the pros and cons again...again...again...again. There is a reference in the Bible that God becomes the husband of the widow, which S is. God wouldn't be double minded on those tables. He'd have it written down on tablets, here is the following things that will be moved. World without end, Amen. 

Looks like another Zoom night with Roy as we look through some décor. It is a lot less dizzy with Zoom. 

Today, I have worked outside mostly. Mike the Mower Man was here and he got all the spent tulips cut back and also got the backyard with the weed eater. Before he arrived, I dug two holes while the temps were cool and the ground wet for the plum trees. I haven't planted them yet but have compost and fresh soil in both of the holes. Ducketts had some flowers that are a hybrid of zinnias and daisies and their names escapes me right now, but got some of those transplanted. I pulled weeds and then put out some perennial wildflower seeds. While doing all of this, I nearly dropped trou several times wearing my camo capris.I found a clip and used that at the waist to help keep those babies up. Once they are washed, they are going to Goodwill.   

Just got off our Zoom and Google calls. Pray for Roy. He has his hands full and in the midst of all this, he has lost his wedding ring. 

No comments: