Friday, May 7, 2021

Working Day and Night

 Oh the joy that can't be beat, but a dead blue jay on the steps for my feet. I thought it was one of many toys, but I'm glad I looked, oh the joy. Feathers strewn about the floor so before serving breakfast I did the chore. Mr. Blue Jay is hidden deep in decorative grass by the trees, but I bet soon enough he'll find his way back on the steps, no, please! 

Talked with Roy this morning briefly as he is loading the car to make a trip to the condo. He is working hard, but still hasn't found his wedding ring. Told him, if we don't find it, we will have to get another one soon enough, because he can't be moving into a condo without a ring, so to speak. His ring didn't fit anymore because of the weight he lost. We feel like it fell off and we are hopeful it fell someplace where we will find it.

Roy arrived at the condo, got his PO Box key, his key to the gate to be able to walk to church and he does have a storage unit...but we will see on how that progresses. He made the huge decision and sacrifice to sell his Trek three wheeler bike. I am proud of him and not so miffed about his vacillating table decisions. When we talked last night I reminded him it is the memories of researching and buying, outfitting the bike and his long rides along the lakes and trail in Rancho De Five. I think that way with certain things we have bought especially in the last ten years. The fun was the pursuit and design and then the joy that they brought. I am leaving behind all the roses I planted right after my mom passed away. They are thriving but it wasn't the roses, it was the thought of honoring her. Now, here in the mountains, I honor her every time I plant something or map out a flowerbed and design. I read the other day that formal gardens are out now which is good for me cause I kind of throw caution to the wind when planting different things.  

It was a grocery shopping day and then I finished out the afternoon planting a plum tree and then putting together a raised garden deal. Have one more to put together and hopefully I will get that done tomorrow and it will go faster since I have put one together. 

***********

This morning the greeting of the Feral Fam, knocked over garbage can. It only prolonged their not getting served breakfast. Tumped can is better than dead bird on the steps of the back door. Think everyone but Radley was in attendance. He must be on another one of his benders. Just a few little showers this morning, this cool morning. After I get back from the post office, I will begin working once again getting things planted and sorted. The temps will be cooler today, so that is always helpful. I was looking back at FB memories and noticed I called either Nathan or Mike to plant things in years past. Then last year, staying home to flatten the curve or straighten the line or whatever it was called, I discovered I could dig holes and plant things. Also, due to the fact I was having extensive and expensive dental work, the budget had to be modified someplace and landscaping labor was the obvious choice for me. Now, when I read books about hard scrabble living in Appalachia, I can identify with all the rocks in the dirt that have to be sorted and moved. 

Well, the other plum tree has been planted, set out some phlox, planted snap dragons, moved the raised container bed, planted some shade loving flowers and weed eated. I'm pooped. 

Roy just called and he found his wedding band in the bathroom on the rug by his sink. Praise the Lord! We hadn't forgotten to ask the Lord to show him where it was. Roy thought it might have slipped off his finger when he had to get out of the car and adjust some empty boxes he was bringing home. Whew, he found it! Praise the Lord! 


No comments: