Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas Darlings






Merry Christmas Eve Day! I'm trying to upload pictures from our trip but everything is kind of slow uploading. So I may have to wait until later to post any pictures. It is a beautiful day and there is a chance of snow tonight and 70% chance of snow on Christmas Day. Oh, good some pictures just popped up. Think this will have to do for now.





We are having a fabulous trip. We came through Atlanta this time and we were able to spend some time with a long time dear friend Mary Madeline, her husband Al and all their five kids, spouses and children. We had a blast with them and it was such a special and treasured time. We got a double portion of blessing because we met Al and Mary Madeline for lunch at Pappasito's and then had dinner at their home that evening. It has been 23 years since I've seen Mary Madeline, oh we email and text and call but no visit in person. It was as if no time had even gone by. We were able to pick right up. While in high school and college Mary Madeline and I were extreme opposites in almost every way, but the Lord did a wonderful knitting job with our hearts and our love for the Lord. Mary Madeline was used by God in such a deep and profound way in my life and her influence is a big part of who I am today.







This isn't even all the family.









My skinny cousin Lois and me.


Lois and her husband Jim.





We met my cousins for breakfast on Wednesday morning. We had a blast catching up with one another. Lois has lost 70 pounds in the last year. So we weight losing cousins wanted some pictures together! Our time was short but every minute was full. And did I mention the pumpkin pancakes? :) Lois took us on a tour of her office that was near by. It was difficult to say goodbye but she needed to start her working day and Roy and I needed to get onto the road for Asheville. We arrived in Asheville with about 1000 of our new best friends. We did a quick drive through McDonald's and then headed toward the Biltmore to check in. We were a little early so our room wasn't ready. Not a problem there is so much to do here. We headed to Antler Hill Village. The Christmas decorations here are so beautiful. They are over the top good! The lobby has a huge Christmas tree with vintage toys underneath the tree. There is a huge gingerbread house decorated as the Inn. Lights and Christmas arrangements everywhere. Wreaths are plentiful too. Looks like they have hauled out the holly and sliced up the fruitcake and hung some tinsel on the evergreen boughs...



Now this next part is sad. Truly an eye opening experience. The people in the room next to us got into a huge, Huge, HUGE fight on Wednesday night. It was so loud it woke me up. Lots of f words flying around and it was so loud it sounded like they were in the room with us. They must have argued for about 3 hours. Someone on our hall knocked on the door and the man had a fit. We began yelling in the hallway. Roy slept through all of this and I was never so glad for his snoring because it muffled their voices at times. I was afraid to call the front desk because I didn't want this guy pounding on our door. I was also nervous that one of them might have a gun. From the topics being argued, I thought it must be a young couple... Finally, at some point it got quiet. In the morning after breakfast we went to the front desk to see if we could move in case the people weren't checking out. The front desk assured us that the people were checking out. The desk clerk then asked me a strange question, did I hear the "service animal" at anytime during the fight. No, but now I knew who the couple was. They had checked in right before us and he had thrown a fit about the room not being ready. It was an older couple. Wow! I will tell you during their BIG argument, I was praying for them, asking the Lord to save them, and give them peace. I heard the Lord speak into my spirit as I prayed for them, " people can be in one of the most beautiful, peaceful, serene places, but if they don't have God's peace in them, all the atmosphere and scenery doesn't make one difference." Last night, ah it was a silent night.

Roy in front of the Christmas tree in Antler Village





Me outside of Cedric's Tavern where we had dinner.






The trees in front of the Biltmore House. Over 60,000 lights were used in this display.



Roy is already out and about with his camera taking loads of pictures. He is having so much fun doing that. Of course I have been Biltmore shopping and I love that. In a minute I am going to drive over to a store on the grounds and get a metal sculpture. For the most part I use the shuttle bus that takes one everywhere on the estate. Mornings, we have the lovely breakfast buffet. Tonight we have Christmas Eve dinner at 5:00. Then Santa is in the lobby beginning at 6:30 and Christmas carol singing around the piano at 9:00. Looking forward to that.

1 comment:

Grami's girls said...

Sounds like you are having a wonderful time Nancy. May you have a very Blessed Christmas!