Thursday, December 30, 2010

Home-Day 2

This morning I am missing the best grits ever. Now I know that to some of you that statement is an oxymoron, but the breakfast buffet at the Inn has the best stone ground grits every cooked. Quaker Oats instant grits doesn't hold a candle much less a burnt out match to these wonderful grits. Since we decided to go to Rosemary Beach in May, it will be a long time until those grits and I meet again. Of course that breakfast buffet whipped my rear end with all the carbs I consumed. Now I have to get back on track because my diet was a train wreck during the holidays. About the only meal that I was consistently good on, lunch. Go figure.


Roy had to go into the office this morning, so I have been using the time to get things put up and organized around here. Of course with the attention span of a gnat, I have several projects up and running this morning, with no completion in sight. Laundry is going to be a long and consuming chore. How can two people dirty so many clothes in so little time? I did complete paying bills since that was a pressing issue to take care of. I'm not looking forward to the Am Ex bill that will soon come. I will not complain and I will give thanks that we could afford this trip for Christmas. When we booked it in July, we did so because one of my Doctors told me if I had anything on a bucket list I should probably do some of them this year. Now that I'm starting to turn a corner with the latest heart things, it is looking like the bucket list was a bit premature. But I did get to do some fun things. Riding behind the jet ski on Lake Bain had to be one of my favorite and fear conquering things I have done this year.

Yesterday we did what all good Texans, residents not the football team, do upon returning from a trip out of state. We went for some Tex Mex. I'd been thinking about good salsa and chips the last few days of our trip. Think we are going to have some barbeque tonight for dinner. Goode Company is calling out to us. We were in the land of pulled pork and Cole slaw. We need some brisket.


I'm not too sad today that we missed the Texas Bowl game last night. When we had planned our return home it did not consist of driving all day on Tuesday but since plans were adjusted, that is just what we did. We were both so tired and I was aching something fierce from my fall on Sunday. We did miss being with good friends but not dealing with rain and having to rush around yesterday afternoon. I did get to see the season premiere of Toddlers and Tiaras. That show is addicting. It is so horrible yet so entertaining. It is sad that some of these little girls are already dealing with body image, beauty and being perfect. Of course friends let friends know about season premieres. So I emailed and left a message for Dena so she'd be able to catch the show. McKenzie was back and there has been very little change in her. She still loves her Ni-Ni.


Well, I better head out the door and get more accomplished. Sequisha is so much fun to drive but parking her in our parking space is difficult. I so want to say something else because it is more applicable to how I feel when attempting to park. Yesterday, I had a little more trouble than usual but I'm blaming Roy. He was making a face the whole time I was pulling in...you know the I disapprove of the job you are doing face. It didn't help that is was pouring down rain either, but I finally got it parked. Don't think I will be taking the paint off when I back out today. Well at least I hope I don't.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

I have nothing nice to say about the women who put their daughters into those competitions. Therefore, I will change the subject and say "welcome home", and I am so glad your bucket list was premature.