Saturday, December 11, 2010

ReCapping the Week

I'm doing my best to keep Buddy from watching Big Cat Week on Nat Geo channel this week. I do not want her to get any crazy attack ideas. She is talented enough in that area. I really can't complain about her because she has been so well behaved and desiring to rest instead of play while I have been home ill. Drat it all, I worked so hard learning words and music for Celebration and on dress rehearsal night, I had a little heart event during Do You See What I See and was never quite the same for the rest of the evening. In fact, I didn't even participate in the second run through that night. I came on home to rest. Maybe I slept all of 40 minutes that night. Thursday morning as daylight dawned I felt like a Mac truck had run over me several times. Usually I wouldn't have even gone to Bible study feeling the way I did but Peggy and I were doing a shortened version of Mildred and Gertrude at the brunch, so I had to be there. Neither one of us felt very good and I kept thinking I was going to faint but made it home safely and then fell asleep for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Needless to say I wasn't up for performance and now by Saturday I know that I probably won't be participating in this years Celebration. I want to be there. The show is so well done, entertaining, some laughs and deep spiritual truths. The two songs John Bolin wrote are extraordinary and Lisa P hits it out of the stadium on Jesus, What a Wonderful Child. All the ladies are wearing this deep red lipstick for the performances and I believe my lips are still stained from Wednesday night. My exhaustion turned into a cold with an allergic reaction to some cough syrup I took. I have so fortunate in not experiencing any colds, flu or sinus infections since before my heart issues. The cardiologist told me to do my best from catching colds or the flu because it would be a rough ride. Boy, he wasn't kidding! I finally feel like I have turned a corner but if you know me, my love for pancakes, my deep fear of Roy's driving and love for cinnamon coffee, you'll know I've been sick because I didn't finish either pancakes from Buffalo Grille or Pappasito's, I let Roy drive us and we arrived home safely but I do think I have a case of the whiplash and I only had one cup of toasted cinnamon coffee at BG.


Finally, Blogger began working again this week so I published my 2009 blog in book form. Of course I didn't get the 15% discount because of their technical difficulties. Previously I had almost decided not to do 2009 because there is a lot of fluff in the year but then I found some deep moments on this journey that I don't want to forget.


I love this time of year when Roy returns home from Celebration and tells me he has to remove his make-up. He even had to buy some mascara this year. Every morning there is still a little shading from the performance the night before. He also sells Cd's after each performance. This years album is awesome. You can download it on itunes. Just look for the choir and orchestra at Houston's First. You'll be glad you did.

2 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Hope you feel better soon....

Jennifer said...

I looked in the choir for you Friday night, and I guess this is why I didn't see you. We did see Roy though and he was quite the dancer as a shopper! The performance was beautiful and I am so glad I asked a few of my coworkers to go. They all want to come back next year and invite more of the people we work with!