Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blast From the Past


Round two is happening in my closet, or maybe it is round 3.  I have lost count.  It has been a successful venture because things I didn't think I could live without in February are saying goodbye in July.  Sad truth of the matter is, there is still way too much stuff.  While going through pictures I decided to keep photos that were meaningful and keep those pictures that have people in them I actually remember.  I've had a lot of fun looking back on some fun times. 


Dani and I went out to the house today.  Tile work is almost complete and they were installing the master bathtub while we were there.  All the light switch and outlets are white and they are supposed to be almond.  So, they will have to go through all of that and replace them.  Since it has rained they haven't been able to do any of the concrete work that is left.  We ran into Jamin and he assured us that it would be done by the end of the week.  The back splash in the kitchen is up and pretty darn beautiful if I do say so myself.  The fireplace pieces were there and ready for installation.  The lot next door is no longer vacant.  The framework for the foundation is up and ready for the cement once the threat of rain is over with today.  All in all it was a good trip.  We also stopped in at KT Antiques and I found another piece of stain glass window.  So, I now have my four pieces. 


Yesterday, I met a friend from my tennis days at lunch...at the Nord.  It was the last day of double points.  Didn't even look at clothes, went straight to the Home Dept.  Towels and bath rugs were on sale.  So, to make sure they would look good with the shower curtain I liked at Pottery Barn, I went to PB and bought the shower curtain.  Last night I returned to the Nord and got white towels for all three bathrooms and white rugs.  Love the feeling of crisp white.  A friend told me she had read if you used white in the bathroom, it would have that luxurious feel of a well stocked and well designed hotel bathroom.  Of course the Inn on Biltmore Estate came to mind.  So, I was sold on that.  I'm thinking of installing one of those curved curtain rods to give guests using that tub, a little more space to move around in the bathtub.  The jury is still out on that decision. 


Here is a sampling of pictures from yesterday.

This is from a WM Christmas event, the decorate a table thing.  Of course I have no talent for that whatsoever, so I enlisted my friends Mary and Marti.  They told me buy the table, we will do the rest.  And they did...  We had antique Victorian place settings with a Victorian themed center piece.  Marti had the table covering made for the event, but only because it was the same size as one of her tables at home.  We even used Chris Jessen silver.  I didn't even have a clue what that was until that day.  Because of Mary and Marti, our table won the whole shebang.  



This is Mary, me and Marti. 

 This is one of my very favorite pictures of Roy and me. 
 This picture makes me smile.  It is from a Chili Bowl.  We formed a group and named ourselves Pieced Together.  We were those who were never asked to be in an ensemble.  Ensembles were really big back in the day.  Today's ensembles would probably be better known as praise and worship groups.  Let's just say this, we were good.  So good that no one ever asked us to sing again because our one performance couldn't be topped. 

This is one of my favorite pictures.  We helped the senior adults celebrate Gerald and Trev during the year of the Rays.  Well, that is what Brother John called the year, but it just means, Gerald was retiring.  It was a great night and I was thrilled to be there because I was trying to overcome food poisoning.  I learned my lines in between my long naps and well trips to the necitarium.   I made it through the performance but I was sweating like a big dog.  Don't you love all these details into my view of the evening. 

 This picture is of my cousin Becky, me and my cousin Lois.  Probably at my grandparents and it looks like we are ready for bed.  Usually they put us in one big ol double bed and my spot was in the middle.  (Just like this picture)
  • I had another picture but it has mysteriously disappeared.  Oh well...  I also blogged during my transitional hour, so no Father Knows Best for me today.   

1 comment:

MeBelieving said...

I have the curved shower rod and love it. It really makes a difference.