Monday, July 25, 2011

This Time in Two Weeks....

Nothing like a refreshing lunch of cherry yogurt, bing cherries and cereal.  This combo really hit the spot after spending most of the morning doing errands. City Centre parking is frustrating at best and I opted to park and pay on the street.  Worth the buck and a quarter for a little over 30 minutes of parking.  Got everything done with 3 minutes to spare.  I needed to update some info at Life Time Fitness (notice I didn't work out) and made myself go into Anthropologie ( I joke) for some bathroom storage jars with brass tops on them.  Most storage jars have silver lids, so these from Anthro should fit in quite nicely.  The Sur La Table in City Centre had the grill accesory I've been looking for, and score...on sale.  Also made a stop at the Pottery Barn in Town and Country.  It was a spur of the moment thing and mainly it was to daydream about the furniture I am going to order once we close on the house.  Made a trip to the play grocery store for dinner tonight and tomorrow and came on home before the heat became really unbearable. 

We went to the house last night.  The sidewalks in the front have been poured and the concrete patio extention we wanted off the back porch is done.  Light fixtures are in, well most of them.  We also made notes of all the things wrong and unfortunatley, it was kind of a long list.  Roy emailed the builder last night, but we haven't heard back from him yet.  Peggy came over to look while we were there and I wanted her opinion on the color of the garage door.  It's ok but I don't think this is what Dani envisioned when we went with the color.  On the samples it looks to have a lot more tan in it but on the door, it is green.  So, we'll see if we can get them to repaint and if not, we'll have a painting party after we move in.  Tomorrow, they will start building the outdoor fireplace.  That is pretty darn exciting to me. 

After church yesterday, we went out to lunch with Bill, Peggy and Dena.  We all had a blast and the conversations were all over the place.  Love that.  Roy and I picked up a few more towels in chocolete brown, to go with the white towels.  I know us, white towels are not a smart choice for our daily use. 

Saturday, Roy and I went to see our BFFs, Goodwill, twice.  I think we have a couple more trips this week and the purging is done.  I've kind of stopped doing any unnecesarry cleaning since our condo is just boxes and bags stacked everywhere.  Buddy did a vertical leap out of her basket in the window trying to reach birds taunting her by their presence and chirpping last week.  She flew up and into the blinds and then did the slide back to earth thing making a wake of broken slats from her descent.  Since those blinds are in our bedroom, we had to take the blinds out of another window in a room not used too much by us, except for the mounting boxes in it.  Roy originally took the blinds out of the window in the dinning room but they looked horrible.  So we have two bare windows and I am sure the condo association would love for us to do something about that...but hey, we are moving in two weeks.  That can be the landlord's problem to replace since we bought the blinds in the first place.  Roy and I made major strides in getting his stuff packed and boxed on Saturday.  I am beginning to feel we have done just about everything we can to prepare, that is with the exception of those things we use daily. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

so exciting!!! let me know when you want to plan your vegetable garden!