Friday, July 8, 2011

Houston, We Have a Window!

Houston and for that matter Katy, we have a WINDOW!  We were so excited to see it last night and the glass block window in our bathroom has also been installed.  Now it can rain lots because the inside is protected from elements!  Trim work and crown molding has started and maybe by the weekend, the granite will be installed.  They gave us a window for our closing date between July 29 and August 5.  The back patio extension and the stamped concrete for the courtyard will probably be done very soon.  They had most of those areas graded.  I had to go back out to Katy today to pick up some produce and I made a drive by trip.  The rest of the brick is up and since they are pouring the slab for another DW Home, I'm thinking that maybe it will get done today.  Who knows?  We are just so thankful that the windows are in.  The lining in the cloud would be during that down time waiting, interest rates went down and Roy locked in a great rate.  Interest rates are beginning to go back up so in hindsight thankfulness, we are praising God.  But you know at that time, praising and thanking were a bit on the slow side from me. 


On Wednesday after dropping Roy back at his office, I headed over to West Gray.  A friend has gifted me with an Events gift card.  Since there is so much to look at, I wanted to window shop and think through all the choices before making a decision.  Before going into Events, I stopped in at Sur La Table.  They are having a great sale and I picked up a few things.  I might have bought more but the resounding cry of Roy is in my head, "that's just more stuff to move."  Since I was in the neighborhood I went to the new Barnes and Noble.  Well, it is new to me.  Huge store, really neat but I didn't have my Nook with me, so I just browsed. 


So, since I am new to this flat iron thing, I went to Ulta to get some kind of heat spray or something...  Anyway, they showed me what they recommended and since I have no clue whatsoever, I went with it.  Also stopped in at the Town and Country Pottery Barn.  Sad to report, no rain came.  Must just work at the one in River Oaks.  Went out to Katy, did the drive by at the house, stopped for a moment at La Centerra and then over to Excessories for produce and a gift.  Now I'm home exhausted and considering a short nap.  We are going out tonight and then we have the wedding of the century tomorrow.  That will be so joyful and fun.  


Here are the latest pictures.  Not too shabby since Dani and I only had little samples to see while envisioning the big picture.  The trim and doors will be painted another color.  I can't for the life of me remember what we picked.  I do know the garage door will be one color and have no contrast.


Glass block window in bathroom.

Window installed to complete the set of 3


Side view


Ta da!  The long lost window is now in place.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Its looking good....Know you are so excited