Saturday, July 12, 2014

And That Was the Week That Was.....

It is a quiet moment out here on the prairie.  Roy is at Bible study and Buddy has reposed in early morning nap posture.  I even took advantage of sleeping in just a little.  In just a while the day will need to begin in earnest but while there are these moments to ponder over the last week I will take advantage of the opportunity.

Several weeks ago I bought an air floss device.  It's kind of like a water pic but kind of not.  This seemed to be the perfect commercial dental product to use to floss back teeth.  It feels awkward at first but in a short time you master it....well kind of.  The first time I came away with the look of paintball mouthwash all over my pajama top.  I went to bed with the fragrance of mint lingering in the air.  Since then I have been able to keep the shooting mouthwash in my mouth except for the other day when I accidentally shot the sheriff, but I did not shoot the deputy....oooooooo.  I mean the other day when I shot myself in the eye with a blast of air and mouthwash.  Painful experience yet refreshing, you know because of the mint.

We were all about procedures yesterday within our household.  I am trying to catch up on things I had to put aside during the whole heart journey.  So tackled big dental issues this year and on a pause for procedures until later in the year and yesterday it was dermatology day to check that off the list.  Truthfully, I had not been nervous about the appointment but in the middle of the night I began to fret and lose the peace that passes all understanding.  This fretting so affected me that my heart went out of rhythm.  Before going to see the Dr I needed to settle down and get everything back to normal.  I nearly lost that perfect rhythm while wrestling with the paper gown.  There is a new Dr in Rancho De Five and she looks like a high school intern.  When she came into the room the brief thought of oh this must be high school career day or something but since her picture was on the website, I knew this to be the Dr.  She is very good.  So we did the mole patrol and happy all moles and skin were accounted for and behaving but I also needed her to look at a cyst on my back...a gross cyst on my back.  Without giving the gross details I will just say that after her preliminary work if I were to take one of those buzz-feed quizzes on FB on what movie are you, I'd probably be The Hunchback of Notre Dame.  If this cyst doesn't calm down I could go by the name of Cystaly Tyson.  Ha!  When I get back from NC, we will schedule surgery and have the dang thing removed beyond the cystal sea.  At the conclusion of the appointment while getting dressed a familiar tune that didn't seem to be in the right place played on the satellite radio there in the doctor office, In Christ Alone. Such a great reminder that it all went well and if I hadn't begun to fret in the night, and instead kept on trusting in Christ alone...well you know...

  Roy had his eye appt Friday afternoon and since dilation was taking place I drove him to and back.  Of course several weeks ago no one drove me to and from the same type of appointment but that's ok....  I didn't want to sit in the office and wait so it seemed a good idea to make a quick trip to Books a Million and promised Roy if I didn't find a close parking spot, the bookstore trip would be punted and I would return.  As it would happen I scored a really close parking spot at the entrance and since it was so close I checked for signs making sure it wasn't for handicapped, emergency only or mothers with children parking.  No sign anywhere... and as I got out a maroon minivan pulled behind me and stopped.  Before the lady got out of the car I could see frustration illustrated all over her face.  This is what I put on FB:

 This maroon minivan pulls behind me and blocks me in. The irate driver jumps out of the van spewing and spitting as she yelled at me you can't park there! Calmly I asked why not and she was all too happy to call me an idiot then tells me this space is designated for moms with children. She jabs her finger wildly in the direction of where she thinks the sign should be. As she recounts how difficult is to be a mom etc I point out to her there isn't a sign in front of my car. My my, is this anyway to act in front of her children? I was all too happy to show her where the designated spot was and it currently had a silver minivan occupying it. And it was with glee for me to point out to her that the sign says mothers with infants. Her rowdy bunch looked nearly jr high age. I was pleasant and kind and she was mad and sweaty. At the end of it all she still had to drive a minivan and I did not.

There was a day I would have been all over her but those days are over.  It was too hot and and too easy to go out of rhythm, so I remained calm.  She was probably in the midst of a not so good day and her frustration poured out when she thought she had caught a non-mother using designated parking.  She didn't apologize, only got back in her car and return on the search for a decent parking spot.  I joke so much much about minivans being an arch nemesis and if she had been driving any other type car, maybe with the exception of a Highlander because those look like minivans to me, I would have been nervous, even a little scared but upon seeing the beginning of this whole situation, my thoughts go first to, it's a minivan!  All fear was gone.

We had a wonderful visit with my second cousin this week as she drove through our area on her way from Atlanta to San Diego where she is moving.  Beth and our two doggie cousins Waffle and Cobia spent the night and after dinner we were able to go over to Peggy's where Cousin Camp was in full swing.  The kids loved the doggies and had them doing their tricks over and over again.  I fixed dinner and breakfast for Beth, so you know that proves just how special she is to us.

It was special having Beth here and her presence helped me when I found out Thursday morning the number one choice of a house in the Asheville area had been taken off the market.  It is disappointing but we are not despairing.  This seems vaguely familiar in how we went about the process in finding a home and lot in Rancho De Five.  We are trusting God and looking for His direction.  New searches and a few new ideas of locations....we will see where this goes.

Since Roy is totally out of it after having his eyes dilated, we both took Buddy to the vet for her mani/pedi.  Then Dena and I grabbed some sushi for dinner and did a little shopping at Hobby Lobby.  Frosty's to end the evening...it was all good.

So after a shot of mouthwash to the eye, doctor visits, being reamed out by a frustrated mom, having a wonderful cousin to visit and new online search adventures for a home in NC, it is all good.  We are thankful.

No comments: