Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Stretch And......

So what do I find myself doing the last Tuesday of my fifties decade?  Laundry.  I had this fabulous idea to wear everything I think I might want to take with me the past few weeks, thus cutting out the middle man which would be the closet or drawers.  This way once everything is dry, I fold it and take it into the guest room which is the staging ground for trips.  In there I have also started the blue storage container of books, journals, journal materials, pens, pencils, glue, scissors and scotch tape.  The lime green storage container is food, not for the car, but for the cottage.  Yes, I know Asheville and the surrounding areas have groceries but there are a few things I'm concerned with that might not be carried in their stores.  There also is dishwasher and washing machine detergents to bring just to get the whole clean thing started.  It's not that I am going to jump right in and start washing clothes, but when I do, I'll be ready.  We bought a Keruig to take with us because the cottage just has the coffee pot thing and I have never, ever made good coffee in a pot.



This is where I plan to spend a lot of time in the mornings out on the screened in porch with pastoral and long range mountain views.  With my coffee.....

This is why if we don't find the home that we absolutely love, I know that we can rent the cottage for the summer next year and be just fine with that or if we find a home north of Asheville, this will be the perfect place to stay when we need to be here for remodeling and stuff like that.  

Then when I feel like doing a little rocking, I will head to the front porch.  

I totally got off subject for my last Tuesday in my 50's but maybe going this direction really fits in with the title for today.  

1 comment:

Etta said...

Looks lovely Nancy - and if Asheville doesn't please... there's always Ireland :o)