Saturday, October 7, 2017

Three Whole Days To Write About Fog Or No Fog

Another coolish, foggy morning. The sun is burning off the fog. The birds in the backyard are jockeying for position on the feeder and in the birdbath. Lots of cardinals and Carolina chickadees with a good mix of titmouse thrown in for good measure. Buddy has retreated upstairs after visiting the front porch, had some treats and sat on my lap for a good while. Love mornings like this and I don't ever want to take them for granted.

Yesterday, I remembered just for a bit, last year at this time. It was a time of preparation for guests and for the much anticipated return to Katy to begin the process of bilateral knee replacement. Last year I soaked in all the mental pictures of this land and views to keep me company on those long rehab days but while recouping I did not pine for this mountain land because it would be wasted energy. If anything from this heart journey is knowing how to better use the daily energy given to me. I had told myself it might be three to four months before returning and just settled in with that.
************************************
Here it is Friday morning. The sky had pinkish hues as the sun rose. Just that little bit of fog hanging around in the valleys. Yes, fortunate to see it but then went back to bed. As Buddy feels better her nocturnal habits that I don't particularly get rest from are increasing. Guess that is the price for her to feel better. In fact she was aggressive this morning and I don't see that too often. I checked her box and she is still going to the bathroom but guess I will take her to the vet sooner than later to get another steroid shot soon. I am contemplating the other vet recommended to me.

The strangest thing with the computer this morning with programs popping up and words disappearing. Before calling in the cavalry I did the best thing, reboot. It took some coordination with the jumping of programs all over the screen but it got taken care of and now on the second try there is no jumping about.
***********************
Now it is Saturday morning. No fog but overcast. We are hoping for some rain but not too much from Nate. Just read the forecast from Ray's Weather and the mountains could get 3-5 inches beginning Sunday night.

Brenda had invited me to go with her sister, daughter and her to the Erwin Craft Show yesterday but I knew Wednesday night that I would have to decline that request. I'm still being cautious in regards to heart health and the heat. The constant reminder is that I feel good because I stay in the parameters that are set. The sesamoid bone in the ball of my foot feels inflamed so doing a whole lot of walking wasn't going to remedy that. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the day even getting a lighting project done. Can't wait to hear all about the day from Brenda and all the fun things they found.

So I spent the afternoon doing something I rarely do anymore, watch the TV for an extended amount of time. But it was for a good reason, the second game of the ALDS was on and the Astros beat the Red Soxs! They are up two games to zero and will play tomorrow in Boston.

Talking with Roy lately has made me feel like a football coach's wife. He is into major recruiting for his company at La Tech. The softball player, makes me already know she's good people, accepted the intern offer for the summer. He is already planning the February recruiting trip. Roy said yesterday this feels like it will be a year round emphasis along with the myriad other things that are his responsibility. It makes me so happy he is happy doing what he loves and is still fun for him.

This week I have watched the reports from Las Vegas and heard the stories last night on 20/20. I think this is the first time I have seen all the pictures of those who lost their lives at a concert in Las Vegas. Such evil in the world and the authorities are baffled to know the reason why this man did this horrible act. They have torn apart the facts of his life and he hasn't left anything for them to understand him.

Buddy is a little restless this morning. She had a good night but this morning she can't decide between the porch or her first morning nap upstairs. She has also tried to help me with typing this morning on the blog.

No comments: