Monday, May 21, 2018

A Monday Recap

A foggy Monday morning greeted us and so did Camo, part of the Feral Fam. Roy brought me coffee upstairs and also announced I had a cat waiting for breakfast outside. Meanwhile Buddy had already worked Roy for two sets of treats. Our lives are consumed with the bidding of cats.

This morning the A/C guy comes and does the spring tune up for the A/C. Later this afternoon we take Buddy to the vet office for her steroid shot and mani/pedi. In between we will hopefully get a few errands taken care of.

On Saturday morning while most people were watching "the wedding" I was preparing to leave for Charlotte. It was a quiet and non-eventful drive with plenty of time of thoughts and thinking. Sometimes the timing of an airport pickup is difficult but this time went smoothly. Just had a little bit of time in the cell phone lot and I put that little bit of time to good use since I brought my notes for the Sunday School lesson I taught yesterday. Even the pickup at the arrival area wasn't fraught and chaotic...well at least not by Charlotte standards and with that we were off in record time.

I had seen an ad on FB for a store in Lincolnton, Vintage Rescues. So Roy and I stopped in downtown Lincolnton to see the store. Really well done and didn't have that junked up feeling that some antique stores have. There are maybe three or four really cute stores close to one another and we would have gone into several more but the rain caught up with us. We felt like we should start for home. Like all long time married couples....well, short time do this to, but we did the "where would you like to eat lunch" conversation as we headed to I 40. We had several options but it came down to time and tiredness. Roy had been awake and moving since 3:00 am. He was feeling it. So we took our last on the list option, Cracker Barrel. Lunch was good and we were on our way in no time. We made a Publix stop too before heading home.

It hadn't been in my plans but I made it to our Joy class fellowship Saturday night...just a tad late and with no favorite pasta dish in hand. Roy suggested I bring an empty bowl and say I brought my favorite pasta dish, now to fill it. Everything was delicious and Judy and Vivian planned out the time well. We laughed and had such a good time hearing stories that some knew by heart but loved hearing the telling of them again and we heard some new stories that will join the repertoire in years to come.

2010 is the last time I taught a Sunday School lesson partly my choice and partly by opportunities passed to others. Leading a core group in Community Bible Study helped satisfy the itch to teach though. Still frustrating at church not to be used and that is when I knew this had to be laid down at the feet of Jesus and leaving it there for real. Hard to do but it was so freeing and then when Roy suggested we buy a home in NC to retire here and for the meantime have me stay for most of the time due to health reasons, the decision was easier because I didn't have any real ties to hold me. So, here at church, when Gale and Judy asked if I would like to teach in our class once a month, I almost said no because I thought I was being obedient to the Lord, cause you know this love had been laid at the feet of the Lord. But, I said yes. That story is for another post. So yesterday was my first Sunday to teach. What I loved is the preparation, the study and research. During the week things that might have never been noticed now seen in a new light of the topic from the quarterly for May 20th. Details and instances that would have escaped notice made themselves noticeable.  The lesson was on Once Greedy, Now Generous. Gale is so generous in her encouragement and gracious in asking me to participate. The class being so gracious to switch prayer request time to the end since I had to leave early to go to choir.

Our interim pastor preached on hearing God from Psalm 19. Great sermon! Since Roy has become involved in Toastmasters, he notices presentation more than he did before. And he was impressed because pastor's thoughts were organized and he said a whole lot in a short period of time. It really is refreshing. After church we had lunch at Twisted Laurel and I can recommend the fried shrimp. Very tasty! Then we went to the Farmers Market for strawberries but the delight was finding South Carolina peaches. So happy that peach season has started. Once home Roy sliced up two gallons of strawberries and froze most of them for smoothies. We cleaned out the freezers and then he relaxed and I went to choir.

Looks like the downstairs heat pump/AC needs to be replaced. They have sent us three bids so far but our other unit is a Trane and we'd like to stay with the same brand. So they will send that tomorrow. Buddy had her steroid shot this afternoon which both Roy and I think we will change vets. You can't beat their hours but there is so much we don't like about that vet. I'm checking into a mobile vet that has great reviews and was at the Appalachian Animal Hospital that we thought about going to several times. So we shall see.

We had a Lowe's run and dinner at Sonic...well from Sonic at home. We are all tired and it looks to be an early night for all of us.



No comments: