Sunday, May 6, 2018

Sunday...Well, It Started Out As Saturday Thoughts

It is looking like a breakthrough is happening with this upper respiratory thing. Coughing is just now in short little jags, runny nose a thing of the past and I am feeling a little more lively than I have felt in the past few days. Recovery seems to be a goal that will be attainable. Not that I am breaking any records for getting things done but a few longtime projects have been taken care of as time around the house seems to be a sustainable thing. No attention span for reading but watching the birds and the antics of the Feral Fam...limited edition has kept me entertained and out of trouble. The thought did pass through the ol' mind to move the desk downstairs that I have wanted to move for awhile and then move the smaller desk downstairs to its new place upstairs but probably in the midst of the move, a nap would need to be taken to restore strength and well, that would be a problem.

My mind wanders back to last week when Carole came for a long weekend visit. We have known each other a long time and we were even trying to remember when I would walk with her early in the mornings at the then call CLC now known as Fitness and Recreation or the Wellness Center...anyway, it was during tennis days and the early morning, think like 6:00 am would be a good warm up then a little rest before going to the University Club and playing doubles or take a lesson or workout. It was all about tennis back then. We haven't ever had much extended time to talk. When my desk was in the First Place office suite, we would talk some then but her schedule was busy and my work was demanding...not in the office demanding way, more like "where are the copies, where is the coffee, why is the whiteboard all messed up....you know those demands from women, learning how to be Christ-like. It didn't bother me, I loved that job...until it got complicated and then I transitioned out of it to be Jason's associate. Like Carole said we must have spoken a million words last weekend and we covered all manner of subjects. Carole is an encourager and on the trip back home in the truck last Monday, our conversations kept my mind company. One conversation in particular has captivated me. She asked why I wasn't doing __________ and I said I laid that down before the Lord several years ago and I have left it there. She then responded, well, maybe you should ask the Lord for clarity in knowing when He wants you to pick it back up. Ask Him to be very clear and open your understanding of the direction He has for you. I had never thought about that because the problem for me has always been the laying it down before the Lord thing and not taking it back with me instead of, you know, leaving it with Him...and this is one of the few things that I did just that, turned and walked away from it and never looked back. But, this week I have started praying that prayer and seeing if it stays on the lay down or if I get to pick it up again.
**************
Our Sunday morning began with thick fog, a dense fog that has cleared now that the sun is breaking through the clouds. The Feral Fam is back together...the three kiddos that is, but it looks like MJ and Camo have eaten and ran. Cali is still on the deck. She uses the tent of napping the most and spent most of her morning yesterday doing just that. Last evening the beat up and scratched up old black and white cat found refuge in the backyard. He was asleep on a rock. The Feral Fam presence has caused the baby rabbits not to come by for a visit this year and I saw MJ chase off a squirrel this morning. All the happenings in such a small space. I was looking at pictures from our first year here and since our area was in significant drought that year, nothing grew fast but since we are out of drought the vines and ground cover take over things quickly. Until the comparison of the pics, I had forgotten what the back had looked like. Nathan will be working on this soon but several jobs are in front of getting this done. He also is going to come up with a blueprint for the finished worked on the side of the driveway. Wow! Just it being cleared and mulched looks so good.

This morning I do feel like I will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. These past few days with this upper respiratory thing has kept me from doing much. Yesterday, it felt like I got past the runny nose portion and the lingering symptom is the cough due to upper respiratory thing. I did a hot toddy last night to be on the safe side of things and I think that is the last hot toddy for awhile. No, thinking it over, the lingering affect of this snotty coughing thing is the wheezing and the noises that my throat and nose make without me even trying. The other night I awoke to a strange noise and thinking it might be a Feral Fam in trouble, came downstairs...the noise faintly leading me to find it...only then did I realize it was me making that noise, not anything else. Now last night when the loud clap of thunder woke us up....I knew it wasn't a throat or nose noise. A passing thunderstorm came through around 2:30 am. Yea! I don't have to water my flowers this evening. It was a brief but heavy rain and other than one more thunder rumble it was a non event here. A lightning strike did hit less than a mile away though.

So, I am easing into the day...I've washed my hair and applied minimum makeup. My biggest agenda today is getting the trash and recyclables down to the road for pickup tomorrow.

No comments: