Saturday, May 12, 2018

Needing The Rest And So Much More....

It is a beautiful day, sun brightly peeping through clouds and a slight breeze keeping the temps manageable. I was outside earlier this morning planting some zinnias, some white flowers whose name escapes me right now and finding a couple of spots for hanging baskets with coral colored dahlias. Mike the Mower Man was here today and he took care of a lot of the weeds that have overtaken this part of the world on the gravel road above us...that leads to groundhogs and a colony of feral cats and who knows what else.
**********************
I knew if I went out to the yard and watered plants last night that we would get rain today. Yep, we got about a 1/2 or so here. The plants are looking good out there. I have perfected a new system and it seems to work because I didn't return to the house worn and tuckered out...well, more than normal.

Early morning since my hair appointment was at 10:30. Even went earlier than usual and cars in the pay to park lot...hardly ever happens and it was packed out at Corner Kitchen. Thank goodness it was a beautiful day because the outdoor seating was full with a waiting list or getting a seat inside would have been difficult. My hair appointment took longer than usual because with the color this time we did...like I did anything but sit there and read...this great treatment. I have an at home version but the salon one is stronger. Most times there I learn something new about this old hair. We went back to a very simple highlight/low light formula and because my hair tends to be on the warm side, no matter the blond highlights, they did a different glaze. I love that my hair doesn't have the harsh blond look that can come from years of color.

All this hair attention made the appointment go long so I left directly and headed but to Madison County for Margie's funeral. Margie, was in our Sunday School class. Had a great smile and was one of the kindest people I have ever met. It was a wonderful service for a faithful one. Our class represented well. It doesn't matter whether you are in a huge worship center or the small chapel of a funeral home, there are those universal things that happen. The funeral people have such attention to small details and they move about in that concise movement. They took extra care and time as they fixed everything around Margie before closing the casket lid. I guess when they do that, it has been closed for the last time. Her nephew did a wonderful remembrance of his aunt and her love of the Gospel. Pastor Gene and Angela did a wonderful job as well. Sweet quiet Margie, with that mysterious smile. We will miss her but I am grateful to having known her on this side of heaven.
************************
Saturday afternoon. Alexa is playing KHCB and it is by request afternoon. The past two weeks a woman has subbed for the regular guy and me thinks that some of those by request songs you could set a watch by might have been his favorite songs. The past few weeks totally different songs throughout but mainly to start things off. No matter it is good background music and I have heard several Houston's First Baptist recordings.

I got my grocery shopping done yesterday and also picked up my watches from the jewelers. I wondered why the parking lot was full...oh yes, Mother's Day. I had plans to get so much done yesterday afternoon but dang if I didn't do much on my list. Needed the rest cause it was a Buddy can't decide to lie still night, so in all I lost about two hours of sleep as she wandered and tramped about. We are in the transitional time when she gets too hot sleeping on my arm and isn't quite ready to make the summer sojourn to the end of the bed and lie in the hollow of her blanket.

Laundry is being washed and dried....it will be up to me in a little bit to fold said laundry. I think I have finally turned the corner on this upper respiratory stuff. Voice seems back to normal and not too coughy. I'll take it!


No comments: