Saturday, March 21, 2020

At Home...At Peace...Ate Robin Egg Candy

Good morning! It is a lovely day so far, well except for seeing a possum, this is not a Teen Girl Squad reference, hanging out under the porch. Just saw the tail but for a moment it looked like a skunk. I had not had any coffee yet and Roy called and talked way above my level of understanding...so it was a lot of uh hah, yes...really...hmmm.. reactions on my part.  I don't mind a possum at all but you don't usually see them in daylight. Hope I don't have a rabid possum scooting around. I think I will choose to believe that it was out all night partying and late getting home. It must have moved on though because the kitties are hanging out under the house a bit and they usually get the heck out of the backyard when they see a possum.

A report on the ferals, I am calling the gray cat with blue eyes Frankie, after Frank Sinatra. Ol blue eyes doesn't hiss at me as much now. He is not around all the time, which I like cause I don't care for him, but especially when it is cold, I don't mind feeding him. The past couple of days have been seasonal but when he showed up this morning, he got his own bowl of food. Keeps peace in the feral fam cause he and Strawyer do not get along...thus Strawyer got his own bowl of food too that he shared with Punky. The kitties just look at me and eat and most of them will do the trust eyes with me, so that is encouraging. I brought out the kiddie fishing rod and they sort of play but their favorite is still red laser light at night. Camo hasn't been around for months so I assume she is no longer with us. Mama Cat shows up once in a while.

Buddy and I got into a little tiff yesterday. I tried to trim her nails and in the past she has been cooperative but not last night. She got a few good swipes in and retreated downstairs for a bit. Came back up and slept on the other couch meaning I got in a few hours of sleep on my left side. Around 2:00 am, she came to bed, slept on my arm and guess we have made up. When I fell back asleep I dreamed I had a huge fight with Beth Moore. About what, haven't a clue but we were yelling at one another...then when I woke up from the dream, I was in afib. Dang! My heart went back into rhythm after about forty five minutes and then I went back to sleep. So it was funny when a friend texted me this morning about Big and Boo Mama's podcast with Beth she listened to last night. My friend also had a weird dream about meeting Bernie Sanders and his wife...so self distancing is having an effect, strange and odd dreams. In real life, I am not mad at Beth, nor would she care about that, so I wanted to make that clear. Oh and my friend, she doesn't know Bernie Sanders.

Is anyone else washing their hands before they wash their face?

After working in the flowerbed yesterday, I am taking today off. It is supposed to rain this afternoon. Tomorrow though, I hope to be back out there finishing up my project. After years of using bird feeders that looked like a porch swing, I have now purchased some that look like a picnic table. The swings finally rotted out. It is good to have an open feeder because if you put meal worms in with the birdseed, blue birds and woodpeckers will come and eat.

How come bird feeders is two words but birdseed and birdbath are one word?

It seems earlier this year and I know we will have cooler temps several times, but off came the flannel sheets and cool cotton sheets replaced them. I am also putting up my heavier flannel shirts put keeping a few handy. Not quite ready to give up flannel shirts and boots, but we are nearing that time.
****************
Saturday morning...beautiful after a night of scattered rain. I ended up working just a bit in the flowerbed yesterday because Mike the Mower Man was here and I wanted to get the border around to keep extra grass and seeds from going into the uncovered part of the bed. 28 bags of mulch remaining and as Roy said, take your time...you don't have anything else to do...and that isn't totally true. So far the coffee maker and ice maker have received deep cleaning and there is more to be done around here. I also have stacks of stuff that needs to be gone through. And of course books. My attitude toward being self distancing is not to go overboard on any one thing cause that is how one gets bored quickly.

The ferals have had snacks but I'm getting ready to go out and feed them brunch. Buddy is on the front porch and a very happy camper. She was a little restless last night but not too bad. Now that it is warming up she doesn't stick so close by which I welcome so I can sleep on my left side some.



No comments: