Sunday, March 15, 2020

For Now.....

It feels strange to be home at this hour. If this was a normal week the choir would be going over Total Praise before going into the service. I would have finished up our lesson in Sunday School. But, I am here at home looking out on the beautiful scenery and listening to Second Baptist Houston. As life changes to a new normal for the unseen future we are having a huge swell of support local businesses during this time so in that spirit I should really go from online to TV and watch a local service.

I can hear my Houston cardiologist in my head reminding me because of the virus that attached my heart in 2008 that I must always remember that I have a compromised immune system, no matter how good I feel and to act accordingly. Several years ago before having an ablation and dental surgery, my comings and goings were very restricted because if I had one iota of anything respiratory, neither the ablation nor the dental surgery could be done. They told me to err on the side of caution, no abundant caution back then, and restrict being in groups. Thus, came the season of just going to Sunday School and not big church. All shopping was done in non busy times. For the foreseeable future, I'll go back to that regimen.

The past few weeks have also held adjusting to a new schedule. Beside studying for a lesson on Sunday I am also facilitating the study of Taste and See on Thursday mornings. Although that doesn't require study time, I need to be familiar with the homework and discussion. Thus, my blogging time has diminished a bit. A post that has gone on for several days has been in the works, but now, with time gone by, I probably won't post it. It had a few updates on the ferals of the backyard. Every now and then someone down the road either lets their dobermans out or the dogs escape but they usually make a stop here...not like the other dogs that wrecked havoc but to eat. Yesterday morning, the cats flew under the porch with an urgency. I just happened to be downstairs and saw the dogs on the security camera. So out to the garage I go and I yell and bang on the door to scare the dogs off. It worked. We really need to put up a fence not so much for the cats but for me. It is beginning to be the time of year when I work outside a bit more and those huge dogs would scare me and I cannot escape with urgency underneath the porch. All in all the cats are doing okay. A little more adventurous toward the gravel road. The gray cat, Frankie, hangs around more and I don't really like him. He is a bully. Punky and Strawyer are around but not too much.

It didn't seem to hit here until late Thursday or early Friday, panic mode. On Tuesday and Wednesday stores had plenty of supplies, now not so much. My big venture out yesterday was to Lowe's to take advantage of the ten percent off for card holders. More rubberized mulch for the front flowerbed, redneck preparation to fight off weeds. This endeavor is keeping me off the streets and away from any virus. I keep waiting for all this rain that was forecast to water down the cardboard before covering it with the mulch. Yesterday, Mike was here finishing up by weed eating the backyard and helped with getting the mulch down to the flowerbed. That was a HUGE help. The dogwoods and ornamental cherry trees have buds and blossoms, so it won't be long till the yard looks like spring. Daffodils are in bloom all over the backyard and the Bradford pear trees are in bloom. Some blooms are whiter and some blooms are beige depending on the amount of frost or freeze the past few weeks.

Since I prepared for a bad winter, which did not happen, I had most supplies I needed. Picked up a few snack type items along the way cause these days I am more of a snacker than a meal prep person. And I am more of a mood eater. Plenty of food for Buddy and the ferals. As for books, y'all, I am set because the TBR pile is pretty high.

The reason for my redneck flowerbed prep, I am in the midst of a dental implant and learned in the first part of March that I will need another implant. Thus, in an abundance of caution, any big ticket landscaping is now designated for dental costs. The second implant procedure begins the first part of May.

Well, that is all for now.

No comments: