Sunday, March 22, 2020

Self Distraction/Self Distancing/Self Detention=All The Same Thing

We have enjoyed some warm temps, with very little wind and lots of sunshine today. It has been one of those days that makes staying indoors very difficult. So, even though I had told myself last night, no working in the flower garden today but when everything pulled me that way, I gave into the work. Instead of using the tarp to pull down bags of mulch, I carried it down the old fashioned two by two. All in all I finished up some of the bare spots and then one of the outdoor rugs that is a part of my red-necking of the mulch and flowerbed. I was just about done when the unexpected happened. I slid on the incline of mulch and landed on my right hip. Yes, the right hip that I broke in 2016, That rubber mulch really cushioned the slide. Maybe the only bad will be bruises from my leg landing on my keys that were in the right pocket. I told Roy that when I played softball I believed that God only gave me 3-5 slides so I must not have used them all up. The area is supposed to have rain tomorrow and Monday so I will take a break and work again when Wednesday and Thursday are forecasted to be beautiful. I took several of the flat stones for the back and made a little pathway from the stairs to the flowerbed. Not so much to walk on but to keep my from stepping into an uneven part of the yard. Oh and for good measure I rolled some of the big border rocks from the flowerbed under the front porch down to the edge of the flowerbed. Need a few more there as that flowerbed under the porch is going to become part of the yard. Cheaper and easier than trying to keep it weeded. Nothing but burning bush in it anyway.

While resting this afternoon I began reading the stack of magazines that has accumulated over the past few months. Started with Garden and Gun.

Roy had cabin fever today so he took back the air filters to Costco. The A/C company put in this huge filter thing in the attic. Because Roy's allergies have been kind of bad the past few years, he runs the AC fan quite a bit to keep the air circulating. So hopefully this will help the motor not burn out. He did a little shopping because he hadn't bought any snacks. What! I mean I got snacks purchased the first thing and then worried about meals. Ingles chicken legs and thighs in the deli dept has become a go to for me. I had some the other day and put everything else in the freezer.

Buddy spent most of the day on the front porch and hopefully all that outdoorsy time will help her not be so restless tonight.
*****
Outdoorsy time for the win. Buddy was quite the sleeper last night but I also think as the temps cooled down she stuck around for warmth. This morning I made another batch of orange rolls because the expatriation date is getting close. They turned out better than the other day and for those of y'all and I know there isn't one person worrying about this for me, but I have heard the refrigerator motor...so now I have new things to listen for.

I have been online church hopping this morning. So many good and needful words and songs and then you know, there are a few that I skipped over cause I kind of know what is coming from them and truthfully, their words weren't helpful before the cornavirus and now certainly not feeling it in a time of a pandemic crisis. Highlight was hearing Lisa Pierre on the HFBC webcast. I miss hearing Pastor Bradley...and going through the book of Mark.

Because I can never remember the correct term of self distancing, I am calling it self distraction cause distractions are how I operate and get things done, eventually. Like right now I would really like to be outside working on the flowerbed but I need to take a day off. Folding laundry isn't holding the same fascination but it needs to get done. This afternoon seems like a good time to clean and organize my project desk. If I don't behave, then I'll put myself in self detention.  Last night I got back to the book that grabbed my attention but while the story is so good, the violence in the book is more than I can handle. So instead I am just skimming it to see if I can find the story soon enough. This mornings self distraction led me to look for any ponytail accouterments because you know I might be sporting a ball cap and ponytail in several months. Yesterdays self distraction, I found some dry shampoo spray that I didn't care for, but now will use because ain't going to see anyone. Got to find the silver lining in all these things and days.

A Taste of Texas email came last week and since I have been craving steak, I think I have written about this, I ordered four steaks and some decaf cinnamon coffee. Should arrive sometime next week.

Slid update, no bruises and feeling good. Rubber mulch is where it is at.

So that is all for now. 



No comments: