Thursday, March 26, 2020

Too Beautiful Outside To Stay In and Write

An infrequent feral visitor has been hanging around this morning and he is creating quite a stir. It has been several months, maybe even the end of last year since he has been around. So maybe he isn't feral but he still carries the equipment. Cat fighting broke the silence of our morning, twice. Buddy and I looked out the window and there was Frankie in the submissive fight position against this other cat. It seems like they move in slow motion and then accelerate to fight. Claws were in position to claw away at will. Frankie is normally the dominant cat. Now I see why Strawyer flights and not fights. He has come home a couple of times looking beat up and worn out. He picks his times carefully to come to eat. He knows if I see him I will make up a bowl for him on the spot. With Frankie hanging around and the infrequent feral, this usually means the coyotes are a little closer than normal. The animal kingdom hasn't got word on social distancing. Watching all the happenings has activated social distraction and nothing has gotten done this morning. Well, breakfast and then treats for Buddy.

The project desk got cleaned up yesterday. Dried up pens, gone. Papers that needed to be shredded...they have been shred. Rearranged some books but that is a larger project that needs dedicated time.

I made a quick trip to the Post Office. Roy had sent me a package. I went when the post office is closed for the two hour break. Love that the small post offices can shut down mid-day and then reopen.It was just enough of getting out and then upon returning, I brought the garbage bin up. Glad all that is taken care of because it is raining a good bit now.

Facebook brought up a very good and fun memory from five years ago, five years ago today the packers were at the house getting everything ready for the moving van. We are getting ready to celebrate living here five years April 1. One of the best decisions we ever made and not once have we regretted it. These have been some of the happiest and joyful five years of my life. Even in the midst of this pandemic, we are so blessed to be here and be ensconced by the beauty of the mountains. We have made wonderful friends here. I have spent more time in the last five years going at a slower pace, spending more time alone, and not eating out as much...so basically, I have been in training for this season of life for a while.
************
It seems like I can't get back to this post. It was a beautiful day, so I was out in the flowerbed continuing my redneck work of limiting weeds. Work went well today and I wasn't as tired as last week. So that is good.

Buncombe County is officially on stay home, stay safe in about twenty five minutes. Essential businesses are open. I try to limit the essential visit to one day a week and take precautions.

Think I need to relax, so this is the post for now. All is well...

No comments: