Friday, March 20, 2020

Day 3,134 of Self Distancing...I Mean Day 4

Day 3,134 of self distancing...uh, oops, no...sorry, day 4 of self distancing. Except yesterday, I went to the grocery store(s) for supplies. I found bananas, citrus fruit and dairy products. It is nice having Ingles and Publix across the street from one another. Got home, put stuff up and read a bit. Then, I decided to make another trip to Lowe's for rubberized mulch. The garden center area is practically deserted and when I walked past two people, I held my breath. I am also wearing my gardening gloves to load fourteen bags but a nice Lowe's employee loaded them into the truck.

Rednecking the front flowerbed is keeping me interested and active. I took down the twelve bags I bought earlier in the week on a tarp, four bags at a time. Spread out eight bags and laid down more cardboard. There are lots of breaks thrown in for good measure and it also keeps me hydrated and my hands not touching my face. When I finished up, I washed my hands like three times due to touching stuff having been brought into the house from the grocery store and fixed lunch. Such a deal on mesquite grilled chicken, six legs and thighs for $3.99. Had a couple of legs with mashed potatoes, stored a few in the refrigerator and froze the rest. Fixing the lunch thing exhausted me more than the outside work.

Our pastor's wife Kelly, called me Tuesday and confirmed what I think what we all already had guessed, our Easter Egg Hunt is cancelled. Good thing I bought a lot of candy that I like...and a lot I don't. She and Pastor Bradley are so wonderful! She is maybe 40 and loves our Sunday School class, so that's where she goes. We all love her and her enthusiasm for life. She asked me to send a text to our class letting them know if they need anything, she or Pastor Bradley would love to pick it up for us and deliver. Then she gave me the talk about staying home since I had mentioned going to Lowe's. I texted the class, don't let her find out if you get out and about...cause she is good at trying to keep you on the straight and narrow...except, I went back to Lowe's yesterday. But the good news is, I'm not going there today.

The Bradford pear trees are so beautiful right now. Along the ridge lines where there are so many, it almost looks like smoke from a fire. Our ornamental cherry trees are budding as well. The blending of the pink and white blossoms make a great photo opportunity.

So back to texting...our class is full of funny, funny people and one of my favorite things is to laugh with them. Like all good group texts, we were blowing up everybody's messaging. We hoped that we would recognize one another when we are finally allowed to gather with ten or more people. Thank goodness I had a highlight and haircut appointment last week, but several mentioned they might be wearing ponytails when we gather once again and I reminded them that if they saw someone who looked like me but with dishwater brown hair with a few gray hairs, it was me.

I have moved on from trying to catch the refrigerator motor running and have become occupied with the liquid underneath the truck...which was just run-off condensation but you know...it got my attention and held me in its grips for just a while.

So, this is the update here and I forgot to post it yesterday...I think it is really day 6 of self distancing because it began on Saturday...but you know time flies...

No comments: