Monday, March 22, 2010

Ah, 667...No Bunko...No Bibllical Number...Just a Post

Roy is home from France. He got home around 12:30 am Sunday. I was so excited to see him. I had missed him something awful! He brought home great gifts, well besides the gift of his presence. We both had really good intentions of going to church Sunday morning but we had to do the two or more church at Sweet Tomatoes later on that morning. We had a great breakfast and God had a word for us right there in the midst of all that chaos and eggs. No chaos at our table but lots of families with little ones there.





Out of the nearly 500 pictures that Roy took, I think this one is one of my favorites. I helped him download pictures last night. Now he needs to go through them and label. Hey, I learned my lesson from not labeling my Israel photos. Roy is still processing his trip but God spoke to his heart, but not the way Roy thought he would. So for Roy there is much pondering.



This is my 667 post. Number 666 hasn't been published and probably won't be. I was trying to stay away Saturday night and I wrote out a rambling post on moments in life that we have let define us. It is interesting that an unfortunate event when I was in the second grade has held too much power over my thought process and how I have defined myself through the years. Up until about five years ago, just thinking about the incident and the repercussions from it would make me so angry. I've made peace with it and just like He has promised, it is a peace that passes all understanding that is guarding my heart.



I'm so thankful for all the bright sunshine today. It is good for my soul. Had a great workout with Debbie this afternoon and I am celebrating losing another pound. Slow and steady.... I have to say I did have a momentary indiscretion and had more than one biscuit yesterday morning. Sometimes you just have to do that. Happy to report I am back on the wagon of good food choices today.



While Roy was gone I booked Buddy into the Cat Bed and Breakfast and Roy and I are booked for a much needed and looked forward to stay at The Biltmore in Asheville. Looking forward to the get away and now they have a spa...ahhhh.... We are also going to go horseback riding. I had a horse when I was younger but it has been a looonnnngggg time since I have ridden a horse. Too bad Kiddie Land isn't on Main anymore. I could go ride those ponies around the ring to get my "seat" back.


3 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Hi Nancy

I came via Grammy Girlfriend...any friend of hers is a friend of mine. What a sweetie pie she is!

I've sure enjoyed my visit here.

Hugs!
Kat

FitzandMolly said...

I often have more than one biscuit. They're good for my soul.

Marty H said...

I remember Kiddie Land - just across the street from Kaphan's. Those were the days - Ha!