Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Today I Am %^ Years Old


Today I am %^ years old. Buddy Lee and I share a birthday but she is only 3, I mean #, today. She might be younger but I think I'm getting the better celebration on our birthday. This morning Roy got up early and made a donut run to Shipley's. During the past year while losing weight the only food and this is only if donuts are considered a food, that I craved was iced cake donuts. Believe me, my Simpson's watching has been curbed because in almost every episode Homer has a pink iced donut....argh....donut. Sorry, had to stop my drooling. So this morning because it is my birthday, Roy went out and brought home iced cake donuts for my birthday breakfast. Can I tell you they were delicious! Yes, I ate two. Anyway, I ate them with a knife and fork to prolong all the goodness of those cake donuts for as long as possible. My long time friend since high school, Mary Madeline, called this morning and we had a fab-u-lous time visiting. The Facebook birthday wishes have overwhelmed me with such kind words. I am most blessed with wonderful friends!
Tonight Roy is taking me out to dinner. My choice of place was made solely on a dessert choice. I did think to weigh this morning before tackling a day of forbidden sugar and I have lost another pound. Makes the total of 127. Of course tomorrow's numbers will be totally different both weight and blood glucose wise. But, I know it is only one day that I'll be taking part of stuff that is not normal consumption for me these days.
For a change of pace work out wise, I did some cardio in the pool yesterday morning. It was tight timing in between the two groupings of old ladies that monopolize the pool and won't let you read because they want conversation. While drying off I did visit with Fern. I'm thinking of going out there again today but I missed the morning window of time, so I will opt for the afternoon slot after the old ladies retreat and before the young people converge.
Love that later this week I also have a couple of birthday dinners with friends. Ya gotta love the extendomatic birthday. Well, I just got a call that flowers are being delivered and they are in the office. Since it is my birthday I'm still in my jammies. Guess I better get dressed or throw on my bathing costume complete with cover up and get on down there and pick them up.
Maybe I will wake Buddy up from her second mid morning nap and give her some birthday treats. She'll think the flowers are for her because she is always interested in flowers in vases.

7 comments:

Grami's girls said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! Prayyou have Blessed Day!

Amanda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NANCY!!! I am so glad you were born!

Anonymous said...

It's your day! Eat anything you want - you so deserve it!!

Happy Birthday!

LMS

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

happy, happy, happy birthday.....

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

happy, happy, happy birthday.....

Ali said...

Sorry I missed your birthday, I've been AWOl from blogging recently, but I'm back now! Happy Birthday Buddy too xx

marty h said...

I loved the way you told your age. I am getting so old that I have to use a magnifying glass to read the number keys on my computer if the light isn't on. Beware - I am only 6 months older than you! Know you had a great celebration with your sweetie.