Saturday, September 25, 2010

Celebrating Monalblog's 750th Post and I Got Nothin'

It is a quiet Saturday afternoon. Roy should be getting home from photography class soon. The instructor selected five of his photos to enter into some contest. I'm pretty proud of him and the hard work he's put into his new hobby. I am also proud of him going to the men's prayer deal at church this morning and foregoing pecan pancakes at Pappasita's. He's so strong! I'm already dreading the Saturday morning I'm at the women's retreat and won't be able to get my weekly fix. So while he was praying this morning, I was preying on some pecan pancakes at Pappasita's, just me and my book. It was a very enjoyable breakfast. Afterwards, I went and worked out. Hello Lifetime, it has been awhile. I just got the OK to go back to working out from the Dr. Not too strenuous, so not to worry, I took it really easy. I rode the bike and listened to the alto parts of Christmas music for Celebration. It was difficult not to sing out loud with all the great songs. In the big picture I'm glad I was able to restrain. I'm sure the people around me would thank me if they knew that I wanted to sing.


Of course a workout isn't a workout unless I stop by Anthropologie that is located next door. They had puppies and the cutest kittens that the SPCA or someone was trying to get people to purchase and take home for their very own pet. There were two of the cutest calicos and I was so tempted to call Roy and see what he thought about having another cat at home with us. Wisdom prevailed and I didn't make the call. I stood there a long time and contemplated it though. This would have been the perfect opportunity to buy some ghastly amount of clothes and then defend the action by saying, well I could have brought home a kitten, a sweet, cuddly but feisty kitten. Of course that plan wouldn't have worked because I am too old for the clothes at Anthropologie, but not too old for the accessories, books, journals and candles one can find there.


So, I came home with a book about writers from Anthropologie and proceeded straight to bed to take a nap. The non-strenuous workout just about knocked me out. I'm sure 3 pecan pancakes had nothing to do with it. I happily slept with reruns of the Andy Griffith playing softly in the background. I'm glad I didn't nap as long as I did yesterday. Roy and I had a late lunch and then ran a ton of errands. We put everything up upon returning home and I told him I was going to take about a 20 minute nap that turned into a 2 hour nap. I'm surprised I was able to fall asleep last night but it did take several episodes of Locked Down New Mexico State Prison to do the trick. I do not know why these prison shows interest me so.


So there you have it, the 750th post on the ol' Monablog and I got nothing really to share. No insights, biblical truths, no lessons learned, no not one...thing. Just this I guess, a peace that passes any understanding that is guarding my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. Well, now that I think about it, that is a whole lot. Happy 750!

No comments: