Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Just Another Day in the World of Fashion

It is kind of a tradition that I break my fast at Buffalo Grille after doing fasting blood work. So after having my blood taken I headed that way. It was a happening place for a Wednesday morning. Tables were a premium but I found one next to some staff members from another church and no they weren't from the sister church located across the street from Buffalo Grille. I recognized one of them because I had heard him speak several years ago. I'm sitting there with my book, sipping toasted cinnamon coffee and eating a scrambled egg and I'm trying desperately not to listen to the conversation. These guys were not using their inside voices so it was difficult not to overhear. They were complaining, ragging and half way making fun of some of their church members. Now that didn't surprise me. There are some people who just push every button and get on every last nerve and when you're on staff you have to treat them nicely and kindly as unto the Lord. I'm not so removed from my church staff days. No what shocked me was how loud they were venting the latest adventures with those who try man's patience. They need to learn a little tidbit from women. Always use the hushed holy voice like some use when giving a prayer request if you're going to gossip. And a former staff member and friend suggested men should add "bless their hearts" to the end of the sentence like women because it makes it all legit. Too legit to quit! (MC Hammer shout out this afternoon)


Of course after a delicious BG breakfast I headed to The Nord because it is triple point time. I found some things on sale, thank you very much. I also went to Macy's and wasn't disappointed.


I had a little time before my next appointment so I stopped in at The Rack. I was feeling adventurous this morning and decided that today was as good as any to tackle jeans that are sized like 31, 32, 33 and so on. I find those sizes to be intimidating but I pressed on and found a pair of True Religion and some other fancy smancy brand to try on. Good Night Nurse! One pair fit but they were sized to be low riders. The other pair, too small. As most stores do Nordstrom Rack lets you know that Nord employees are monitoring the dressing rooms. I gave them quite a show this morning trying to pull up the too small size jeans. As I returned them to the woman working the dressing room area, she mentioned I might like CJ, Cookie Johnson jeans. She was trying to be so politically correct and diplomatic trying to say, they'll fit your older body better than these other brands. She told me where to find them and I found two pairs and tried them on. Wow, they fit so well! And they are long, like 35 and 36 inches inseam.


On a health note, the new medicine I'm on is not helping. It ain't fixing my broken heart. :) I have an appointment in the first of October to see what the next step is. My heart is working really hard but not efficently. That means I'm retaining fluids a little more. Yeah, that's what I like to do, weigh everyday. I'd appreciate any prayers if I come to mind.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Will be praying....and that they find just the right meds SOON.....

love the jeans story....and especially the "Overheard story"