Monday, September 27, 2010

Freshly Fall

Fall came a calling today and Houston has responded with a sigh of relief and with arms wide open to embrace this change in temperatures. I didn't see anyone decked out in wool and sweaters but lots of us had sweatshirts on, but just for the morning. By afternoon it was too warm. Of all days for Roy to drive to work and he took Mustang Sally. I've asked him to take the Camry tomorrow so I can run errands with the top down and take it all in.



I actually got up early enough to go workout before meeting Marsha at Buffalo Grille. I had a flustering moment on my way to the gym. An unfamiliar dashboard light was on. So I'm trying to find the book in the glove compartment that interprets what exactly the heck is going on. I turn off into a neighborhood so I can look at the warning signs descriptions. I think the SUV behind me thought I was casing the neighborhood and followed me for the longest time. I finally was able to pull to the side of the street. (those are awfully narrow streets) It was the tire pressure light. I called Roy. Was a trip to Discount Tires needed? He said no, just go to full service at the Shell station and have them top off the tank and have them check the tires. Best $16.00 bucks I spent today. A back tire was a little low. Got that taken care of and I was off to Lifetime.



Tonight I met with a small group of women from Summit. We will meet several more times this semester. I already love them! I can't wait to see what the Lord has in store in the coming months for us.



2 comments:

Lauren said...

Yesterday morning, I opened the front door to experience our first cool temps since moving to Houston. Noah came along, and when I opened the door, I said, "Look, Noah! It's not hot! It's cool!" He got really excited and said, "YEAH!" "Go tell Daddy!" So he went running through the house, yelling, "DADDY! IT'S NOT HOT! IT'S NOT HOT!"

Jennifer said...

Yes, the weather was glorious yesterday morning and today again! Bring on the fall clothes!