Thursday, September 30, 2010

On and Off Task, A Disaster in Time Mapping

Sometimes it is absolutely comical getting ready on Thursday mornings, to leave at a decent time and not be too late for Bible study. Of course I had time mapped the morning last night. Ha, I shouldn't have even thought that planning a smooth morning equals smooth morning. I got up in plenty of time but I read the paper while eating breakfast and eased into the morning. Then the outfit that I had pictured to be perfect in my minds eye turned out to be simply horrible from every conceivable concept. Plan B was implemented but it took time. I suddenly remembered that I needed to get a bill taken care of and other various administrative tasks, that took time. I am not a good administrater. In fact I always got a - in elementary school for using time and materials wisely. Just as I thought I would be getting out of the door somewhat on time, both phones began ringing. I answered the call from Roy and his voice overflowed with a languished ease instead of his usual on task conversations. Of course it didn't take him long to realize I was talking to him using my stressed, staccato and overwhelmed voice. Amazon had called him because the UPS driver couldn't find where we lived and he was wondering if I had ordered anything from Amazon. Yes, mainly books that I was preordering by authors I love like Fannie Flagg but Travis Cottrell's book had been released and most probably that is the delivery I said as I licked the envelope and looked for one of those return address labels. I was also trying to respond to a friend about a t-shirt and search for my name tag for Bible study. Just this week I put it someplace so it wouldn't get lost. Ugh! To minimize time I took the EZ Tag Lane on I-10. Watching the news last night I found out that during HOV and EZ Tag shared times, you are never ever to leave the EZ Tag lane even if it is to pass a slowpoke. Fortunately, the Lexus Lane was free of any slow vehicles, so that was one worry off the list. I did use the time wisely to listen to the CD that Lisa P gave me for two songs at the retreat. Of course am I listening to the background vocals, known as BGV in the music world? No, I find myself every time singing with the lead. Think I'll be doing a lot of lip synching. I missed the devotion time but made it in time for core group. I have come to this conclusion after 4 weeks of homework in Daniel. King Neb was on a roof when he praised himself on building such a beautiful city and being a powerful monarch. I'm just a monarch, I have no power or subjects to rule. Anyway, that is when God, after giving him a warning from Daniel and a year to repent lets him go nuts thinking he was a cow. We learned there really is a psychological condition called bovinothogy or something like that. That's when people believe they are bovine in nature. I whispered to Peggy, ah that's the disease all our UT friends have. Or it could be foot and mouth, but I digress... Of course King Neb got in trouble on a roof and so did King David. So Old Testament Roof=bad result. Being on a roof in the New Testament=good. Remember the friends who tore through the roof to get their friend to Jesus? So the New Testament and James Taylor have it right, Up on the Roof.


After Bible study Peggy and I had lunch al fresco at Potbellies, keeping with the animal theme of the day. Then I stopped in at La Centerra outdoor mall and found a couple of good deals. Even began my Christmas shopping today. Had a little yogurt from Berri Pop and I headed back into Houston. Stopped at the bank and then church. I renewed my membership with the Fitness and Recreation Center, the place formally known as the CLC and then went to visit a friend(s).

I came home and was royally welcomed by Buddy. She has missed me today in between her 17 naps. Speaking of naps, I sure could use one but if I fall asleep now I won't be able to go to sleep tonight. Have a morning in the Land of Sugar tomorrow.

1 comment:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

I wish I could hang with you just one day....you just sound fun