Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Celebrate, Good Times, Come On!

There are words and phrases when uttered at the correct times are life changing. Phrases like, "come into my heart Lord Jesus", "sure I'll go", "I do"... "spend whatever you want" (OK, I have never heard that outloud but does it count if I think it?) you get the drift. This weekend I heard a life altering but not a life changing sentence. "Brunch is half price at Pappasita's on Saturday mornings from 9:30-11:00." Breakfast at Pappasita's has already changed my Saturday mornings. Now if this great good news does not get you into Pappasita's for breakfast, I don't know what will!

Last Saturday we celebrated James' 40th birthday. We all had a great time and here are the pictures to prove it.

I don't know if James is celebrating a touchdown or a birthday. Either way, it's all good.
Of course I must be right in the middle of a story. I also see that my roots are really bad but they will have to wait until my next land of sugar appointment.

Love Ricky's new glasses. We were not laughing about that. Who knows? I do know that the pecan pancakes were really, really good. Pecan pancakes are not a laughing matter.



Before everyone arrived Roy was outside taking pictures and I thought I would include these lovely flowers to this post.


Sunday was a busy day. Adding to the schedule besides church and Sunday School was Christmas choir practice, working out and then dinner with Dena. We tried out Cleburnes Cafeteria and loved it! The key to having a good as opposed to an overwhelming experience there is to go when the crowd is lighter. Sunday evening was laid back. We split grilled salmon, each had veggies and we split dessert. Now I have to confess I was looking down the line at desserts while still in the salad section. Pink cake in all its glory was being served Sunday night. Little pink cake I love you. OK, to be honest it was a huge slice of pink cake and probably four people could have had a slice. Dena and I tried to be good but dang if we didn't eat up the whole thing and I confess, I had more than she did. Oh my, it is so good! Cleburnes is going into the rotation. If you go take cash. I don't think they take any kind of plastic.
Monday evening was bunko and it was bittersweet. Several are needing to drop out because this is a busy season in life. We will have to find a few new members but I think some of those needing to drop out have signed up as subs. I did win a wonderful prize, a dining out journal for breakfast, brunch, lunch, dinner and tea. It could not have gone to a better person since we seem to eat out more than most out of the bunko group.
Monday during the day, I got all inspired to rearrange the living room. In the process of moving an over sized chair, I pulled my hammy. Tuesday morning while spot cleaning the rug I strained it again. So I was in pain whenever I had to stand for a long period of time. Thus Tuesday night I stayed home and didn't usher for the Sarah Palin deal. Roy went ahead and went. He said it was good.
This morning I was up before dawn because of an early Dr. appointment. After the appointment I went to Buffalo Grille for a delicious breakfast. No churchy talk today. I learned all about the medical supply business while I was reading a book, Unforgettable Journeys. I also learned about mentoring, but I kind of already knew about that. Ah men, hallelujah amen...(that's for my choir friends) So as I was saying, ah men talk with your inside voice in cramped dining quarters.
I ran to Barnes and Nobles on my way to the Nord. Barnes and Noble is changing their hours to 10am - 8:00 pm everyday. I always loved that they opened at 9 and enjoyed a late night trip to the bookstore now and then. Guess they are having to make cuts because people aren't buying books like they used to.
I returned a couple of things to the Nord and used Christmas money and Nord Notes to get some pants and a couple of jackets. Love when I come away hardly spending any money. Got some t-shirts on sale at Whole Earth, stopped by the Play Grocery Store for a couple of things and came on home...to a non working elevator. So, I climbed 3 floors worth of stairs with lots of bags that weighed a ton. Made me thankful that I was carrying the weight not wearing it.



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, yum, Cleburne's is good. I love cafeteria's because I am not much of a meat person and I can get all kinds of veggies. And I agree, there cake is wonderful, who can say no to pink cake!