Monday, October 25, 2010

The Day the Earth Became Unbalanced

Did you feel the earth go a little off kilter this morning? If you felt that little seismic shift you have me to blame. This morning I actually went into a Michael's craft store...there was a slight rumbling and then I made a purchase from the craft store... No veils were torn in two but a lot of glue became non-potent. There was quite a bit of of overcast skies, but lightning and wind didn't whip up when I came out the door of Michael's with two bags of stuff. No golden calf or broken, decorative tablets in the parking lot. I noticed that I stuck out like a sore thumb in the craft store. I wasn't dressed the same, I didn't have a list and I think my expression was a look of deer in the headlights amazed at all the choices and the things that can be created from raffia. I wasn't really willing to cause all out catastrophe, but I was thinking about stopping at the fabric store on my way home. I really wasn't willing for the world to come to an end just because I purchased materials in a craft store and might have purchased fabric from the fabric store. So, to make sure the earth didn't stay off kilter, I went to Academy where I am much more comfortable and purchased some workout clothes. Thanks to that quick thinking, we will not all be thrown out into outer space because of me and the path I chose this morning.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which Michael's did you go to? Those of us who purchase adhesives need to know which one to avoid until they get a new shipment.

Nancy Mon said...

The one at Bunker Hill. Stay away because the adhesives have been voided.

Jessica V. said...

Hahaha. This made me laugh! Thanks Nancy!