Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cardioversion for a $100 Alec

Procedure that returns the heart to a normal rhythm?
What is Cardioversion.
Who will be having this procedure in November?
Who is Nancy?

Yep, I had a good appointment yesterday. After testing and listening to my heart, they came to the conclusion that my other Doctor and I had come to several weeks ago, the medicine wasn't working. In fact, it had made the situation worse. So, in a couple of weeks I'll be heading to St Luke's at dark thirty to have this done, Cardioversion. It is a pretty common procedure, that is until it becomes your common procedure. Being knocked out which is much better than me being knocked up at this time, is not my favorite thing in the world. Believe me I am no Michael Jackson wanna be. The most difficult part of the appointment was getting Roy's schedule and the Cardioversion scheduled on a beneficial day to both schedules. Roy is a compassionate and caring man, but since he was at work when I called him, he was in work mode. So that's the Roy I got on the phone when I filled him in on all the details after the appointment. His first statement, " Do you have a living will?" Well, he knows I don't and so he talked adnaseum about what I need to think about in all of this and have him draw it up. See, it is a common procedure until it is your procedure. So just a quick moment of time, I was a little scared more than happy to have a way to get on back on track of having a somewhat normal heart. Hmm...maybe I will check and make sure Roy hasn't increased my life insurance. Just kidding!


To dissipate this little fear, I stopped in at JoAnne's in the Village to see Lisa P. Only Lisa P wasn't going to be there until 1:00 and I had a lunch date with Peggy and Connie at noon. But, I found a jacket that I loved and since I love it, I have the will to live...see above reference...and will enjoy wearing it this winter. I asked that the sale be credited to Lisa and they did so. Then I was off to the Bistro and had a wonderful time catching up with Connie and laughing with Peggy. I was supposed to have lunch at The Nord today but it got cancelled. On Tuesday evening I had dinner there with Dena. Now you might be asking 3 days of Bistro cuisine? Yes, please!


So if you have had this procedure done, not eating at The Nord, but the cardioversion thing, please comment and give me any helpful hints or things I need to keep an eye on. Also, did you feel well enough the next day to resume normal activities...and by normal activities I mean running errands, going to a meeting and such. If you thought I meant something else, get off that train to smutville!

1 comment:

marty h said...

I loved your last line - you are so funny. Will be praying for a boring and successful procedure, come November - that is if your lawyer gets your living will drawn up in time!