Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Home Update and Other Various Topics

Roy just called, he has more boxes.  Boxes are usually a pretty hot commodity and sometimes people have to resort to buying boxes for moving their stuff.  Thank goodness copy paper boxes complete with lids from Roy's company is supplying our box needs.  Right now I am very thankful, even though it is a huge carbon footprint, that the company hasn't gone paperless.  On Saturday I actually boxed up books that are in my Southern fiction collection.  My plan was to make multiple trips using reusable bags for all our books.  Now the movers can put them in the truck. 

Progress is coming along nicely.  We are almost ready for our pre-inspection of everything before the drywall goes up.  Our windows are on back order, but hopefully they will be installed soon.  Also DW has a third party inspector coming to look over everything.  We will have our walk thru on Tuesday morning.  We went out to Katy on Sunday to look at the progress.  It had been two weeks since I had seen the house and was surprised that the framing was complete and the roof completely done.  After my hair appointment on Monday, I went back out there to see Peggy and she and I walked through.  The workmen were installing the duct work for the a/c.

Yesterday, I received a spur of the moment text from Lisa P.  Would I like to meet for lunch at the Nord?  As quickly as my fingers would type I replied, yes, what time?  We pretty much opened up the Bistro, chatted through lunch rush, and just about closed it down after the lunch bunch was long gone.  We had a lot to catch up on and we had a great time.  Of course, after being so good and eating a crab stack, we opted to share a piece of chocolate cake.  Thus, when Erin DuBroc, who has helped me make wise decisions nutritionally, and her mom came by the table, I was so busted!  Since it was the day before the half yearly sale, I had a few things put on hold so I could return today and pick them up.  And that I did today, along with a few other needful items.  This just means, more stuff has to go because when something new comes in, the old has to go. 

Today's people watching was really good.  There is a lady that lives here in the condos and she looks like she might be having a rough go health wise.  She walks with a shuffle and a slump.  Her dog walks exactly like she does.  Then there was the rude shopper in the Nord.  How can anyone be rude in the Nord?  She didn't have rack etiquette.  While there were several of us looking through the rounder, she scooted the hangers heartily and we who were also sharing the rounder nearly got our hands caught between hangers.  So, the lady across from me didn't appreciate the rudeness, so she just pushed the clothes back toward the rude lady.  Rude lady, interrupts her cell phone conversation and shoves the clothes back toward the other lady forcefully.  There was a day, and it wasn't that long ago, I would have taken the Red Sea method and would have parted the clothes and shoved them in both directions back at the feuding ladies.  But I deedn't.  Oh, the thought came...but I walked away.  On my way home I stopped at Walgreen's.  An older type couple in a Buick were kind of a bane of my existence, well for the short time I was in the Walgreen's.  They drove slowly but raced to take a parking spot I was considering.  They were quick to shuffle to the pharmacy.  Didn't matter, there were a few things I was getting before heading over to the pharmacy.  It was there at the pharmacy, they parted ways.  She went to look at, well look at stuff.  He took care of paying for the prescriptions.  As I paid for my stuff, I noticed they were both walking around the store in search of the other.  It was rather comical because they just missed each other by one aisle almost every time.  When I went to my car, the lady was standing at the Buick looking in and upon inspection that hubby was no where to be seen, she started back to the store.  Just about that time he came out the door.  No wonder they walked a pretty slow pace, they use all their energy to be rather animated in discussing their where abouts with one another. 

Here are a few pictures that Roy took on Sunday.


The front room has windows, but they haven't been cut out of the reflective barrier.  I'm going back to the car because I cannot walk and wear my sunglasses at the same time.  Although I can walk and chew gum.


 A view from across the street from our previously owned, not owned lot.

 These are bricks for the house.  They're mighty mighty...

 Side view which includes bathroom, guestroom, and laundry room windows.

 On the east side, we have 13 feet between the house and fence.  Ours is a wider lot than most and shorter than the others.  This is probably the biggest part of our back yard. 

 I am writing the verses from Interior Wisdom.  Since the author had gone to all the trouble to list them out for the rooms, I decided not to do double work and look for them from my Bible. 

 This will be the happening spot in cooler weather.  This is where our outside fireplace is being built.

 Side view of our home with the green space.

 The path that heads north.

 Our southern path.  Notice how the trails go under the road.  With all the tornado news, Roy said this is where we will go if a tornado heads our way.  Instant cellar in non basement territory.

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

oooh! i want to come visit!