Thursday, May 5, 2011

Doing the Catch Up or is it Catsup Thing


Construction (FINALLY) began yesterday on our much anticipated home.  Yes, after a few stops and detours since February 18, breaking ground began yesterday.  Last week we discovered that DW hadn't correctly flipped the floor plan since we are now on the opposite side of the street.  So, a flurry of paperwork along with the sign here, here and here; initial here, here and here took place.  Roy emailed it back and yesterday we went out to the DW office for a face to face with our sales consultant and builder, making sure we were all on the same page.  Our builder told us that the process would begin sometime later in the afternoon.  So we were delighted to see a dump truck and tractor on the lot as we were leaving.  We weren't even planning the drive by, but I knew we would want a picture of this momentous start.  This is all finally beginning to feel real and that it is really going to happen.  They are telling us if the weather holds and conditions are right, the house could be finished in 75 days.  So the foundation should be poured on Tuesday and framing will begin on Thursday. 

Monday evening our Bunko remnant had breakfast at CourtneyS.  Oh my...we ate, no I should say we chowed down on homemade biscuits, homemade jams and jellies, fruit salad and some of the best bacon I've ever tasted. 

Peggy and I did toes on Tuesday and lunch afterwards.  I went with a daring blue polish.  My goodness, if toes color can't get out of the box...  Anyway we had a blast!  We even remembered to use our spa voices which translates to using our inside voices. 

After picking up Roy, going to Katy, treating him to a delicious lunch at McDonald's and then returning him to the office, I met a friend for an impromptu lunch at Grand Luxe.  Great catch up conversations and delicious food.  Anyway you look at it, good combination. 

Last Saturday Roy went with his photography class to an air show in Conroe.  Since I had the whole day and needed a break from the clean up detail,  I did the breakfast thing at Le Peep and then headed out to KT Antiques in Katy.  Bill Bain owns the mall and vendors rent booth space.  KT was celebrating a first anniversary complete with discounts and door prizes.  And I actually won one of the door prizes.  No cheating involved thank you very much.  Peggy arrived a few minutes after I did and we shopped, played and had a good time.  We especially liked the vendor that had vintage hats and since we both plan ahead so well...ahem....anyway, we decided we would pick out our hats per chance we might be invited to the next royal wedding, christening, or gala.  Seriously, I found some great stuff for our new home.  We went across the street to a tea room and had lunch, sans hats.  I am happy to report that I believe I have found the replacement for the Play Grocery Store's chicken pot pie and they also make shepherd pie and forbidden to me, delicious desserts.  Saturday was a wonderful day!

Next Friday I leave for a week's vacay off 30-A in Florida.  We booked and planned this last July.  After a long time's consideration Roy thought it best if he didn't go due to the new home construction and the time off he will need to take when we begin the move in process.  So I asked Dena if she would like to go and after checking her schedule, cause she is one busy person, she determined that she could take the time off.  I'm looking forward to the beautiful beaches, reading, and well of course shopping.  In the long ago time of life I used to have a pretty nice tan and maybe I will revive the tan.  Of course done safely with tons of sunscreen and not like those days of yore when I used baby oil with iodine for the tan and lemon juice for the sun kissed highlights.  I'm sure I will be doing a lot of under the umbrella time too. 

This has nothing to do with anything but I have gotten hooked on the ID channel, true crime stories.  ID has taken over Lock Down on MSNBC as one of my viewing favs.  Only now I might be a little too super sensitive and view everyone in public as a potential threat.  I don't think of myself as a naive person, but the everyday situations that these people on the shows found themselves in and their ultimate demise from being in that everyday situation weighs heavily in my thoughts. Man holds open a door for me, now I'm suspicious not thinking it is a mannerly thing.   It is kind of like when I read books on insecurity, or lack of confidence or on being shy.  Before reading them, I wasn't insecure but all the situations addressed in the book that I never knew I should be insecure about, made me aware that maybe I should be insecure about stuff.  That new info dogged my steps for a couple of weeks until I was able to regain my previous mind set.  Same thing on lacking confidence or being shy.  Yes, after reading a book on shyness, which I was reading to understand what shy people deal with, I began to think I might be shy.  That one didn't last too long.  What I began to think of shyness in me is really just laziness.  I'm good at small talk but it exhausts me, so rather than doing the small talk routine, I mask that I am really shy and that's why I'm not talking.  Of course this only works with people who don't really know me.   Oh let me clear up something else, I am insecure in things but none of my insecurities were addressed in the book I read. 

If you have lasted this long in reading this rather laborious post, I commend you.  This post is for catching up or ketshuping up for chronicaling the comings and goings of the past week.  As almost every chapter in II Chronicles and Kings states, is this not written in tha annuals of the kings?  Well, since I am behind on my regular journal, I decided to just make one entry and it is easier to type it out on the blog rather than write it all down in long hand.

No comments: