Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Alarming!

Let it never be said that Roy doesn't shake it up everyonce in a while.  Although I am about this close to restricting his alarm remote privledges in the house.  Last night the water system guys came back for a follow up appointment.  Since those kind of discussions totally bore me,  I asked Roy if I could not participate except for any random questions that I would need to answer.  Not a problem with him.  I only had to be a part of the water circle when determining where to put the dang thing.  Come to find out, the guy who owns this business goes to Second Baptist and we had a great time visiting and ribbing each other.  He loves the choir at the Woodway location.  We invited him to come a few miles farther east and visit our 9:30 service if he loves him some choir....  I think he and his wife might actually come.  So the water guys finally left around 10:00 and Roy began packing up his stuff for today.  I was settling down for a long summer/fall nap whenI hear the sound of the alarm blasting.  Has movies taught me nothing, don't go in there...I ran from the bedroom to find Roy...well ran is not really the term, limped quickly is more like it, to find Roy madly punching a series of numbers into the alarm pad.  He gets it to stop alarming but all we hear is this monontonious beep.  He calls the alarm company...they ask the safe WORD...he gives them numbers...WORD...oh yea, he tells them.  So, a techncal guy is supposed to call but before he can, Roy finally figures out how to get the thing to stop beeping.  Roy thinks the remote on his keep chain hit the edge of the counter dead on and thus the whole wake up the neighborhood thing happened.  I think that we should designate any descrinary income to an alarm fine fund.  It took me a while to calm down and get back into that sleepy before bed mode.  This morning Roy emailed me from the office.  He has decided to stop wearing the remote on his key chain and put it in a safer location.  Good, I think we will all sleep better knowing this.  Roy's new alarm nick name...Paul Revere.

1 comment: