Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Repairs, DIY and Extra Credit

I'm starting to get a little paranoid after getting written up by the HOA.  Looking at the message boards, the HOA and the message board quote calling them, "thugs" don't seem to have a lot of love and support from those whom they serve, I mean regulate...or enforce, police???  Roy thinks that maybe we are supposed to paint the Comcast and transformer box in our house colors because we aren't too sure what they are talking about in our write up.  Roy, the brave one, is calling the HOA today to get clarification on this. The compliance person has a last name that ends with a vowel...so you know me and my vast viewing of The Sopranos (on A&E), Mob Wives, I Married a Mobster and all those types of shows has me wondering if the compliance person is Italian?  Hey, I'm not going to rock the boat. Don't want Roy to get a delivery of pond scum with the message Nancy sleeps with the fishes.  I was out front today putting a soaker hose on one of the flower beds that may or may not be compliant with 15 plants, and would notice from time to time cars circling our cul d sac.  Oh my is that the HOA Po Po?  But from the message boards I learned they do their inspections on Tuesdays.  We have a nearly dead plant, which may or may not be one of the 15 and we anticipate another letter arriving soon informing us of being the non compliant neighbors.  The irony, Roy's job involves a lot of enforcing compliance...and we have a record of non compliance in our permanent records. 

The workmen hooking up the street lights were out early this morning.  I'm so glad I was dressed when they rang the doorbell letting me know that they would be in the back yard today.  Now the sprinkler guys are here fixing all the sprinkler heads that the light and Comcast guys broke.  It seems this is going to be a vicious cycle for a while. 

I started another DIY project today.  The white bar stool we ordered looked yellow against the white project table, so the chair is getting a fresh coat of periwinkle blue to contrast with the table.  Those paint fumes get to you after a while.  Yes, even a well ventilated area with a fan blowing.  Chair looks pretty good but it does have the look of a ADD person who just wants to get the thing painted.  Ah, my signature look.  There is a space between the project table and the wall with the TV on it.  Thinking of putting a small glider/rocker in that space.  Crate and Barrel has furniture on sale. 

Today is the first day of triple reward points at the Nord.  At one point I considered going in town, having breakfast and then spend the morning at the Nord.  I also planned to have a balance and equilibrium check up on me, not my tires because my sense of balance is off and I have nearly or really falled or fell.  Had to reschedule.  So, I opted for online shopping at the Nord.  Got the stuff I had planned on buying and maybe found a few things I hadn't planned on buying.  That's the beauty of having a plan but not one done in concrete. 

Concrete, that reminds me, I better go check on the sidewalks in front of our house.  It is our responsibility to keep the weeds out of the cracks that break your mother's back.  One person on the message board said they coat the wood in the sidewalk in front of their house with linseed oil to keep it from bowing and cracking.  Sounds like a job for Roy who should be getting extra credit from the HOA for sealing our fence. 

1 comment:

FitzandMolly said...

I'm betting your HOA is full of retirees who have nothing better to do. And they're probably the same people who gave us menacing glances at church when we were kids for sniffing too loudly during the service.