Monday, September 26, 2011

Late Night Ramblings

This afternoon I started a blog post and when I wanted to add pictures I got all kind of static.  Basically I could not retrieve my work or add pictures, so the whole post was lost.  It kind of bummed me out because the post was several paragraphs long. 

Buddy was out of her normal routine this morning and it had me a little concerned.  She was very interested in something under our bed and she was in her attack posture.  The imagination began to run wild, was there something under the bed like a big bug, snake or mouse?  Or could it be just one of her toys.  Being a firm believer in what I don't know won't hurt me, I never investigated and spent quite a bit of time being elsewhere all day.  By the afternoon, Buddy was back in her regular routine.  I don't want her to bring mommy a little surprise showing off her hunting skills in the middle of the night. 


Friday was work and repair men de jour.  Round two will begin next Friday, at least Roy will be home.  Saturday morning we went to Otto's for breakfast and afterwards walked around the farmer's market in La Centerra.  With the drought, it is more like farmer's products.  Only two booths actually had any kind of produce.  Everyone else had jams, jellies, gluten free products, candles and the like.  One booth in particular, Indian cuisine, was a hard sell.  The couple wanted us to try and sample all these products.  I didn't want to because we had just had pancakes.  The gentleman offered me a cracker with some chicken curry on it.  I politely refused because I don't like curry.  "Try it, try it, you will see.  Taste it, taste it, you'll believe.  Try the chicken curry."  No, no, I will not eat it I'm in a hurry,  I don't like it, green eggs, oops I mean chicken curry."  He offered me a refund if I could find better curry anywhere in a 50 mile radius.  Oh yes, I am going to burn gallons of gas looking for a better curry...which in my world is an oxymoron.  I tasted the curry and confirmed what I know to be true, I don't like curry.  There must have been papaya in one of the many sauces I sampled and I am highly allergic to papaya because the all too familiar red bumps, difficulty breathing and eyes hurting hit me quickly.  We headed home for Benedryl. 


Roy worked in the garage for most of the day.  He assembled storage shelves and the like.  I helped by holding the pieces he would need.  Bill came by with the pew he had found and the two ladders Dani bought for the house in April.  He had been to Round Top.  While he was here, I asked him about an oak medicine cabinet that had been my great grandparents.  It was warped and had a whole lot of mileage on it.  He took it apart and explained what we needed to do.  Then he volunteered to take it home and work on it.  Only an hour or so type of job.   Good!  Because it would be a month or two kind of thing if we did it and the process may or may not have a few heated discussions on how to do something.  He and Peggy brought it by last night along with a kneeler to go with the pew and he even hung a few pictures.  It is so nice to have a friend who knows about all this kind of stuff.  Roy and I haven't a clue.  

This is the apple picking ladder that Dani found.  Along with it is a primitive art piece which just happens to be a longhorn.  I don't support UT nor do I support UTI's but that is a whole nother subject.  The long metal skinny thing was used to draw water out of wells that didn't have buckets. 


The entry way with everything arranged.  The ladder will probably be hung on the wall, but it does fit nicely into the little niche area. 


The pew.  You can worship the Lord and be comforted by pillows from the Nord.  Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord, we will wait upon the Lord and then go into the Nord...
Speaking of that song, it was the first song in the worship set at BCF.  It was a perfect Sunday for us to visit, Sunday School, oops Sunday Bible study, ahem...Life Bible Studies...teachers were absent and the choir wasn't singing a special.  Roy wanted to go because the intials BCF reminded him of the BCS.  Roy loves him some LSU football.   We really enjoyed the Lord, the service, the people and the message Curtis Jones taught.  John 21 is a theme chapter for me and God has used it mightily in my life.  I always sit up and take notice when someone teaches or quotes from it.  Here are a few tidbits from my notes;
John 21 is giving Peter a fresh vision for his life complete with restoration.  True transformation in us ministers to someone else, it spills over into other lives.  Transformation is supernatural change, new life, new creation.  Transformation doesn't come by trying harder or rearranging the old to look new.  I love how what I heard on Sunday reinforced some things from the homework in Revelation Bible study.  Love how God fills in the gaps and blanks and gives ample opportunity to see what He is trying to get through to me from different sources and in His Word. 

We were out in time to get to Pappasito's before all the church goers and the hung over or hung over church goers, got there.  We were able to sit in our favorite waiter's section, Nathan.  He was working a large group table and the children from that table were so entertaining.  In between laughing at the antics, we compared our sermon notes.  Lunch was very good. 

The maid gave me a list of cleaning products she liked to use, so I made a trip to Target this morning.  Then to HEB.  I still haven't unloaded everything.  Tonight was a serendipity, I met Dena for dinner.  Miss getting to do that on a regular basis.  We really have to plan and make it a priority to eat together now since the distance mileage wise is greater, but not greater than our friendship. 

It is past my bedtime but I needed something to occupy me while Roy made a trip for me to the 24 hour Walgreen's.  He is a special man, loves unconditionally and takes such good care of me. 

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We didn't go to church on Sunday because of a sick little one, but have been going to BCF the other few weeks. We are in love with it!