Thursday, September 21, 2017

Do You Remember?

Buddy is on the front porch checking out the birds or sleeping through the antics of birds and bunnies in the yard. She has come in several times and sat on my lap...till the call of the wild stirred her from purring slumber. I wish the call of nature would get through to her and that today she can, uh, take care of business. She is acting normal in everything but that. I will call the vet office in a little bit because she might have to have help in getting everything up and running again.

Just talked to Roy and he will be heading back from Ruston in a little bit. He and two coworkers have been at Louisiana Tech recruiting in the accounting dept. They'll go back next week for career day and schedule interviews with candidates they would like to talk with. Roy doesn't talk much and he was so hoarse last night from all day conversations and presentations.

Yesterday, I got out to run some errands. It is that time of year for buying candy for our church's fall festival. That is always fun. So a Target run was in order. Somehow, I came home with much more than candy yesterday. I also stopped in at Home Goods and at Barnes and Noble to get my free Starbucks drink for the month of September. My choice, lemonade ice tea. It was a very warm day.

Today I watched two funerals online. Both people servants of the Lord and they both have left a legacy. This is the third funeral I have watched online this week.

The good news is that today Buddy did her business and I could not be happier about that. The Dr had told me to call her if Buddy didn't begin eating and doing her business. So, eating began yesterday and business was taken care of today. So now I will remember that it was the 21st of September...a little Earth, Wind and Fire for the day. Roy and crew were on their way back home when I texted him the good news. Since he was driving, he had John read the text to him. They had a good laugh and when a friend from the office called him with a serious question Roy greeted him with the salutations of, Buddy pooped. His co-worker had no idea what any of that was about.

I read a really great blog yesterday or maybe it was a newsletter, I don't remember. What I do know is it spoke to me in this season of life. How appropriate for this last day of summer. This would not be how I would choose it just like I wouldn't have chosen heart issues that began a huge restorative work in me nine years ago. I also think the Lord is using this season with Buddy to refine me. It has been good to slow down even more and to ponder. I wrote about this a little the other day and the words still don't come easily trying to mush through emotions but I know I will come through this. I have the wonderful therapist Cheryl Simmons to thank for that all those years ago and all the hard work we did then. Eugene Peterson's newest book is also a wonderful guide in scriptures as I adjust. I think the thought of maybe loosing Buddy tied in because that little gray kitty had a huge role in my getting well. Buddy is not out of the woods and neither am I, but we are both close to wrapping this season up. Health issues are becoming good health again. Back to my workouts too. I should have noticed in April when I broke a tooth that maybe heart things would follow along cause that is how stuff began back when.

So today I'm feeling the Earth Wind and Fire...remembering the 21st day of September.




No comments: