Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Which Way Does The Wind Blow?

The past few mornings the view from the front porch our home has been quite breathtaking. The combination of fog, shadows and sun, with some of the trees in the distance beginning to change to fall colors makes me stop and take in the loveliness of creation. This morning the skies to the west are a bit ominous with the last remaining bits of Irma in the area. No school today due to downed power lines, trees down and the last little bit of wind. Our area did not experience a full brunt or even much of a side hug from Irma but most of the overcast day contained light to steady rain. I had put up all things that could become flying objects in a gust of wind. The birds seemed a little confused only being able to find one feeder and one birdbath with water. The squirrels are totally disoriented because their play area no longer has furniture for them to chew or relax on. With our plans to have the back deck rebuilt, covered and screened in, we no longer had real use for our fire pit group and we found a great home for that set and our backyard swing to go to. We don't have the plans drawn up for the back as of yet but this helps with storage and not having to give up precious real estate in the garage for cushion storage this winter.

I finally broke down last night and turned on the heater. It was so cold in the house. Now that is an unusual statement from me because I am hardly ever cold. It took the edge off and this morning the downstairs is warming up cause I turned on the heater down here. Cinnamon coffee is helping take the edge off too.

Almost every September 11th on the good ol' Monablog, I share the story of two different years where the miraculous happened. Days that held life changing moments and appreciation. Yesterday was no different, I remembered and gave thanks.

The wind we were supposed to get yesterday has seemed to show up today. I just went outside to feed the birds and add back the other feeder and birdbath. It is more protected from the wind back there so I haven't felt like I could return everything in the front yard yet. Lots of wind whipping through the trees. Alert after alert comes through texts of trees and power lines down around the area. I still haven't perfected knowing where streets and roads are but I am getting better in that knowledge. This morning I told Roy it felt like a stick close to home kind of day with all the wind, downed trees and power lines.

To keep combating the chill, I made some decaf coffee. That is not a usual thing for me to do. I still think the blood transfusions I received with bilateral knee replacements were from a petite, freezing, decaf drinking kind of gal.




No comments: