Thursday, September 14, 2017

Fall Back To Summer And Strange Dreams

Another coolish beginning of the day. Sun is out and all about is bright with the changing colors of the soon to be fall season. The trees of our far down the road neighbor are the first to display the changes in the fall and in the spring. This year more of his trees are showing signs of fall instead of the one tree that in the past few years announced the end of summer. They all are joining in that chorus.

One closet has been worked on and others are awaiting and wait they will cause today holds more than closet cleaning. I did get more things ready to take to Salvation Army. And two flannel shirts that I bought at a deep discount at the end of winter are hanging in my closet ready for another burst of cool temps. Our nights remain in the 50's but the days ahead hold 70's and 80's.

I see another friend is starting a blog and like most blogs will probably be abandoned in a short time. The season of writing to be discovered, well writing a blog, has moved on. It is best to be tweetable in 140 characters or less these days if one is looking for discovery. And the mystery factor of why the blog is being written is for tomorrow's reading. I don't know if that is a design to build up readership in the short term or what. Like I have written before, I write this blog for me but if others enjoy it, for this I am thankful. Writing is an outlet and something I enjoy. Believe me, there is nothing I stay at for long, short attention span, but Monablog is ten years old. I don't write as often as in the beginning but some of that is due to a better control of a filter on my thoughts and feelings...so things don't get put out there like back in the day. Don't have too many ponies in the show anymore but I still observe a lot of situations that I wish to heaven I could write about, give an opinion and then add grow up to the end...but you know, filter. No, I did not write this for you to tune in tomorrow to see what I am observing and giving thought to.
********************************
Well, it is tomorrow. I had a few errands to take care of in Weaverville and then in Woodfin. Seems like there should be a ville on the end of Woodfin since so many towns and cities in this area are a ville. Once home all the cold stuff got put away and then these happy feet were prone to wander, so wander I did. It was feeling like a Blue Rooster fried chicken type of day, so that's where I went for a late lunch. Delicious as always. Wasn't feeling like an orchard stop but did go to Belk and then to Blue Ridge Books. I have had some books to bring them for the longest time and finally remembered. They have a used books section. Since I was giving them the books and not wanting any credit they took them. They are in the process of moving over to the Hazelwood area. That makes me really happy because Blue Ridge is one of my favorite bookstores but it is difficult to get to and parking limited. I perused the store then headed over to Mast. Fortunately, a truck pulled out of a prime parking space and I was there for that moment of claiming it for SequishShawn. Waynesville gets rain when no one else around the area does. It seems more times than not, it rains on me in Waynesville.

For the rest of the evening I read and relaxed. Knew I needed to go to sleep early cause the gutter man could be here at 8:00 am. Of course, he didn't come at 8:00 and I am still waiting and I am feeling a nap coming on for this afternoon.

I woke up this morning laughing because I had a similar dream to one my mother had years ago. This is one of my favorite stories my mom told on herself. In real life my mom was pretty darn funny but she tended toward the introvert side of life. She didn't like being called upon in Sunday School favoring answering or reading when it was her choice. She had a dream she was in Sunday School and her teacher asked her if she knew where they had left off reading a verse from the Bible. In her dream she responded, how in the hell would I know?! Now that is humorous because she didn't cuss. Once she called me a jackass and it broke my heart. I probably was acting like a jackass but when you are 15 why would you want to take your younger brother to AstroWorld while being with your friends?  My dream fortunately, didn't take place in church but I was with friends. When asked a question I responded back in part by using the f word. In my dream I was mortified that I had responded with such a word but my friends acted like I used that word in conversation all the time. In the dream they told me, everybody uses the word, we just don't like everyone to know. What? In my defense I didn't eat anything weird before going to bed last night.

Well, the gutter guy is here and starting to work. Buddy has gone upstairs to continue her nap in peace and quiet.

No comments: