Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Fall Away With Christmas On The Horizon

The sun beaming through the front window is almost blinding when it hits the sheen of the hardwood floor this morning. Seems like in the summer the sun's beams are the most radiant from the stairway window. It is so wonderful to experience four seasons. It might have been the coldest night so far last night, well coldest for the fall season.

My workout with Taylor yesterday was very good and my muscles are telling me this morning that they might not be agreeing with my brains assessment. My triceps and shoulder muscles got quite a good workout on the TRX. My balance work seemed very improved too. So, I was a happy camper leaving workout and going to the grocery store. Since we've had cool temps this week it seemed like a taco soup kind of night. So, while I was there I got everything to make the soup. In fact, when I got home I immediately started fixing it so it would have a good amount of time to simmer. I used my new stock pot to make it in. I really got this big stock pot to make tortilla soup in which I will probably make sometime next week.

While I have the impetus to go through and clean out closets, I am going with it. My closet is looking about the neatest, well ever, here. Still some work to be done but the space is becoming more manageable. It is a small closet. The linen closet got a rework done as well.

Roy has CLE today, where he gets all his ethic requirements in. It will be quite the adventure with several events happening downtown today. His plan, park and walk the majority of the distance to the courthouse. Oh, I just found out he doesn't have to go to the courthouse, the Harvey rain kind of shut that down. CLE will be close to his office building.

I am glad that so many put positive things on Twitter because it helps with all the negative things going on in the world today. It seems odd so many are shocked by all this revealed bad and criminal behavior. I am not shocked but I am saddened over it. It is just not Hollywood or politics that has a corner on this behavior, it is across the board. We all have stories to tell, sadly this is the truth of abuse and/or harassment from family members or friends or strangers. I read something the other day written by a female seminary student and she discussed the men's ministry class she was taking...how the stereotypes of behavior justified what was being taught. Years ago while working in Married Young Adult Ministry while on staff, I remember a retreat we did. A well known couple in marriage ministry, whose name I can't even remember now, were the speakers. It was so clear that the woman had a greater spiritual understanding than her husband. There was a session where they divided the men and women and the husband to demonstrate a point to the men, had them laugh for a prolonged time knowing that his wife would come find out what was going on. (the room had those folding dividers in it so you could hear anything that was above a normal noise level)  I had to leave the session early to set up for the next thing and I found Roy sitting outside in the hall. Before I could even ask if everything was okay, he said, I cannot in good conscience listen to that man because he is really teaching on how to manipulate situations to get the end result you want and I don't believe a husband should manipulate his wife or a father his family. Wow! Yep, I got a keeper for sure. There are good men among us.
*****************************
Well, it is Tuesday morning and I was writing the above on Saturday. Originally, I had included a story about something that had happened to me while working at church and I let the blog sit until now because I had qualms about sharing...never said a name but I tried to make this person unrecognizable but it seems a daunting challenge. The story was just an aside to make the bigger point but for now it will remain dormant. I have saved what I wrote. This is not a stay tuned for big news paragraph or trying to increase readership on my blog because that doesn't matter to me. In the past when I tackled more edgy or dicey subject matter I had many responses that what had been written had been so helpful to another. So for now it stays in the draft file.

So Saturday, I went to the Open House  at a local store and had a blast. I was able to find locally made gifts that are so cute. Then I went to The Fresh Market. I forgot it was Thanksgiving meal sample day and the parking lot was almost full. I got what I came for and didn't sample a thing. It was such a beautiful day I decided to drive around a bit and ended up in Johnson City. I really do miss being living near an Academy.

I had a freak afib situation early Sunday morning. A really hard coughing jag put me into afib. I took the meds that have never worked before and this time they worked. Guess I caught it early enough but the hour and a half I was awake took a lot out of me. I made it for Sunday School but did want to chance another episode happening in the choir loft. It gets really hot up there even with new A/C.

Seems like a good day to work on getting more of the house ready for Christmas. So last night a bunch of fall decor got put into storage bags, ready to be put away in storage containers and then next week when Roy is off we can get the Christmas decorations up. I am one of the entree houses for our Women's Ministry Christmas Progressive Dinner.

No comments: