Thursday, November 16, 2017

Not Worth It

So yesterday, I lost my composure just a bit knowing that I really cannot afford to do that. Over little things...nothing worth my health but I didn't "nip it in the bud" as Barney Fife used to say. We have never had a problem with Waste Pro until this week. With our neighbors we have about three to four trash cans waiting on the road every Monday morning. Only one trash can was emptied. I called on Tuesday and they said the truck was having problems on Monday, they would be out within twenty four hours to pick up the trash. Yesterday, the other trash can was empty, ours was still full. I called again, had to leave a message, then I filled out the email form and called again, this time answered by Haley. I should say rude Haley. She took the info and hung up on me. Y'all I was pretty steamed before talking to her but when I called, I was pleasant, not confrontational. Late yesterday afternoon Waste Pro called responding to the message I had left. We will see if the trash is picked up today. I could really use the trash can because I have been cleaning things out in the garage. This in itself is not loosing composure but then you couple it with, the attempted delivery of a package by the USPS. They leave packages here all the time, barely on the porch or against the garage door and sometimes they even cram a package into the mailbox which is hard to get out because I'm fighting the rim on the inside of the mailbox. Plus, living on a busy road, one doesn't always get a lot of time to work on removal of packages because you are dodging passing cars. This same USPS says Amazon packages have been delivered on the weekends, when they have not and show up on Monday or Tuesday. Amazon had texted about the attempted delivery. I went outside, no attempted delivery notice had been left. Great! Thirdly, I realized on Tuesday evening that not all my bags had made it home from Lowe's the week before. Missing bag contained Christmas lights and a few decorations. I knew the odds were against me, but I was going to Lowe's to see if anyone had turned in the bag....not hopeful at all....

Eureka! The bag had been turned in at customer service there at the Lowe's. It took a bit of the edge off my non composed emotions. Ran a couple of more errands but here's a funny thing in the midst of all this junk. On the way to Lowe's a small Dodge turquoise truck was in front of me, with only one tail light working and he had to be the slowest driver, ever...in the history of the world...hyperbole anyone? For the most part this doesn't bother me around here but read above paragraph to know why this was getting on my nerves. Here is the kicker, God has such a sense of humor. I turned he went onto wherever he was going. Do you know on my return trip home, yes once again he was in front of me. I thought if he turns onto the bridge over the French Broad, I am going to Marshall...cause there are a few things there I need to pick up. He turned, I drove onto Marshall. For the beauty of the earth calmed me down...but in Marshall there wasn't one parking space to be had, so I began the drive back. Roy called and I took the chance because he is in work mode, told him everything that was happening. He gave me back my own advice, pray and ask for favor with these people. Went to the post office, the package was there as well as another package I have been waiting on. The late afternoon call from Waste Pro at least assuaged my concern with the lack of trash pickup. Then of course the Lowe's miracle.

Years ago when I first saw my cardiologist, he asked me what is stressing you out? I jokingly responded, my hair. He said, your hair isn't worth dying over. I think about that most ti
mes when I get stressed over little things and medium to big things. Yep, especially since I had the freak episodes with afib this weekend. I take such precautions after they happen. Not worth it at all and if worse come to worse, we can take the bags to the landfill, cancel Waste Pro and I'll schedule in that weekly trip down the river road...

My therapist used to remind me that emotions take energy and because of my limited energy, I need to choose wisely when it came to emotions. Sometimes, she said this after I hadn't used my emotions and energy wisely and I would respond....well, it amused me, it was worth the expenditure. Even sometimes I had used that energy going to my fearless zone...which is not a good thing. Nothing yesterday was amusing or fearless...it was just dumb of me to do because I needed the energy to finish putting away fall decor and moving toward Christmas.

On a related seasonal note, the call I have been dreading came this morning...CourtneyS heard Merry Christmas Darling first this year....second year in a row. Note to self, must break streak...

No comments: