Thursday, November 23, 2017

So Thankful, So Grateful


On this Thanksgiving I am so very thankful. We have a beautiful home in the mountains and we are just a couple of minutes to a couple of hours away from scenes like above. Last night as we came home from what seemed like the millionth trip to Lowe's we could not help but observe and appreciate the beauty that surrounds us.

Ours feels like a glitter filled world right now with all the decorations arranged and put into place. When this Christmas season is over, I need to really go through things and get some stuff go. We took a lot of stuff over to Salvation Army yesterday. They no longer take any kind of paper product or books. The man told us the internet has killed any market for books these days. There were quite a few Christmas decorations that we had used in Katy but just don't fit the design here.

I made reservations at The Fireplace last month for Thanksgiving. We were about seven minutes early and people were seated and already eating. I had chosen 11:00 because it kind of knocks out breakfast time wise. The food was delicious. I mainly ate veggies but did have a chicken leg and some ham and I had seconds on sweet potato casserole. Of course banana pudding for dessert. Yum! I didn't really eat very much traditional today.

We have hung around the house today getting a few more things done and fine tuning the Christmas lights. We welcomed three new additions to the Christmas decor. I found a family of sheep, mom, dad and baby at The Pink House on Saturday. They adorn the tree. We found a couple of "wrapped" gifts at Big Lots, my first visit ever, that does with our decorating theme this year.

This time last year, well, it was the worst day in rehab. The nurses were contract nurses and the PT guy was trying to be hired full time, so he was pushing me too hard and this without any pain meds cause the nurse thought I had been given my meds earlier than usual. It was a very hard morning but once Roy arrived the day got better. I am so thankful to be a year out from that time and I appreciate the year I have had.

Roy wants to work on his pictorial calendar so I better relinquish the lap top but again, Happy Thanksgiving. 

No comments: