Monday, December 9, 2019

Catching Up On Life In Rancho de Five

The second morning in a row that Cinco Ranch has thrown out the welcome fog to make me feel at home and like at home, I don't mind driving in fog but so thankful when I don't have to get out and experience it.

I have sat down many times to write a blog post but either distraction or a Buddy in my lap made it nearly impossible. Tomorrow makes the completion of week two here and the time is going by quickly. I'm trying to get everything and by everything I think I might mean restaurants, fit in with the time I have before returning home.

So, what has been happening here? Well, let's see...last Monday was Roy's colon0$caphy, early last Monday. We were finished up, uh, well there's no we in the finished up part, but we left around 9:30, made a quick stop at Three Brothers Bakery for gingerbread men and then headed back to the prairie for a mid morning breakfast at Black Walnut Cafe. Roy rested all afternoon. Monday evening was the women's ministry event at First Baptist. Dena came over to the ranch from the foreign land, the name for where she moved to, and we left from here to go to the event with a stop for dinner beforehand. We had a delicious dinner at Collina's which is close by the church. Lisa P and singers led us in such wonderful music before Lisa Harper spoke. Lisa Harper brought it! Her Christmas message from the book of Hosea. The Word felt so fresh because our Sunday School class had just studied Hosea and Gomer a few weeks ago. At the fun reception afterwards I was able to catch up with friends. Got some fabulous pictures. It's funny, I have heard Lisa several times before and although I enjoyed her teaching, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to hear her. So glad the opportunity came to hear her again and have the Lord change my heart. Dena stayed the night here and then got up early to traverse to the foreign land and get ready for work. I introduced her to JFG coffee and I think she liked it. Sent her home with a bag.

Peggy and I had lunch at Lupe's this past week. We got caught up and had quite a few laughs. Serendipity, that she had a gift card to Lupe's that she had found earlier in the week while cleaning out her wallet...probably from teaching days and it still had money on it...score!

Wednesday I was able to go to the last session of this semester of Community Bible Study. I took the long way to go about it but after going to the 1463 campus, I found my way to Second West, where the study is meeting. So fun to catch up with friends but especially wonderful to visit a bit with Linita. She is the teaching director of the Katy group and she is wonderful! I was able to sit in with a core group and I realized how much I miss CBS. Love the approach the homework takes with the questions and commentary. Afterwards I toured the display of trains and took a look at the bookstore, then off to Target and Home Goods.

Thursday morning it was up early to get going on some errands in high volume traffic areas. Who am I kidding, all of Katy and Houston seem to be high volume traffic areas. But I made it over to Macy's in Memorial City and shock of all shocks, left the store buying nothing. Sometimes I lament not being close to a Macy's but I realize now I have better luck with online shopping. Then I made my way to Barnes and Noble and finally to another check it off the list restaurant, Escalante's.

Friday I began writing out the lesson for Sunday in Dayspring. It was on several scrap pieces of paper, tablets and computer. I hand write the lesson so I am more familiar with things than just reading them off a piece of paper. Roy got home and we headed over to Costco. Love to shop me some Costco. We found several things...well, more than several things. But a great find was a heater fan for the back porch. We have one we got from Plow and Hearth, but think we will move that one to the front porch. Then we had dinner at Red River BBQ and got my chicken fried steak checked off the list.

It was a total laid back day Saturday. I did my usual routine in the mountains of not wearing makeup. I do that a lot more there than here. Anyway, I finished up the lesson and began working on the guest room closet, cleaning it out. Lots of spring decor and some of it is returning with me but most of it is going to Goodwill. Three years of not seeing or using it takes the sentimental out. Have one more big storage container to clean out in there. I found a wooden box I had forgotten about that had a few things in it that made me tear up. Notes from my mom or notes I had written to her. By the afternoon Roy had returned home from his Toastmaster training and also brought back with him Goode Company BBQ...jalapeno sausage crossed off the list.  We enjoyed, no we were thrilled with the result of the SEC Championship game, LSU 2019. Then we watched a little of the Ohio State vs Wisconsin game that was interesting until Ohio State came alive.

And that is where I will end this post for the day.

No comments: