Thursday, December 12, 2019

What A Great Decision

I am awake earlier than planned but that happens sometimes when you go to sleep earlier than usual. My energy level has been feeling a little zapped probably cause I am way more busy here trying to fit everything in. But I am having lots of fun and feel rather productive over the work I have gotten accomplished here at the house. I don't think I will get everything conquered on this trip but a good dent has been made.

Even the rain couldn't stop Laurie M and I having lunch yesterday. We always have had such good lunches at the Nord but we opted for Katy. We shut down the place with the lunch crowd as we got caught up. Today a fun excursion is in the plans. The rain has moved on and the temps are still to be cool, so another chance, another day to wear flannel.

We have an appointment with the vet for Buddy. The vet office we take her to in Asheville is so zen and it would be nice for her to be examined by a vet who isn't afraid of a cat. Well, afraid might not be the word but all their concern for Buddy's fear makes me think that somewhere her health check ups are being compromised. It will be nice not having to give Buddy any chill meds before taking her in.
***********
Thursday morning, sunshine outside and warm and cozy inside. I am dealing with allergies or something and went to bed last night at 7:30 after a hot bath. I would love to bring the bathtub here back home yet I am not quite up for construction so soon after the back porch over the spring and summer. We had a six foot bathtub put in when we were building the house. I was asleep instantly and woke up around 7:15 am. Hopefully all that rest will do me some good today. This is setting me back on getting stuff done but I only have an appointment later this afternoon, so totally resting today.

I had such a fun day in the country yesterday with my friend Bev. She is my friend who drew the beautiful pictures of the ferals and Buddy for me as she practiced her craft. Touring her studio was fun, feeding the alpaca boys was fun, eating a delicious lunch was fun but our conversations over the day was more than fun...wow, what a wonderful day. I felt right at home driving the narrow country roads to her home. Only difference is being flat...not going to go off the side of the road into a holler or drop. And what's not to love about river dancing alpacas? She has put some dates on her calendar to come visit and I am more than excited. The dates will coordinate with the Leicester Studio Tour.

Yesterday Roy was surprised at the office with a celebration of his twenty years at EPD. They had a cake reception, read this as probably a cake in the break room...well, there aren't break rooms in the offices, but they do have lunchrooms....anyway, Roy and two others were celebrated by coworkers. He was given a really nice plaque. Which is kind of funny because they'll be moving to their new offices soon and the goal is to rid offices and cubicles of lots of personal kind of stuff... Cleaning out the guest room closet the other day, I noticed he had brought home a couple of bags of games and decor he has accumulated over...well, over these last twenty years.

Today, I am going to try and go through some of the bookshelves to bring books back home, not that there is any room for them but anything that helps with studying lessons is coming back. Ok, and a few fun books as well.

Today my friend Carole is celebrating her one year bilateral knee replacement anniversary. We both agree we are so happy we did both knees at one time, better physical therapy and truthfully, a better use of down time. Yesterday, Bev greeted me with, wow! Your knees! You walk so much better, what a great decision...yes, it was. 

No comments: